Ⅷ. 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕎𝕚𝕫𝕒𝕣𝕕 𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕊𝕒𝕨

Aftermath of Saussy Village...

Third Person POV...

[Name] finally awakens to see the spiky-haired punk talking to the villagers. He seems to know them. Asta is asleep next to [Name] and the silver-haired girl standing as if she has nothing to do. Leopold has his back to her and Asta, waiting for them to wake up.

[Name] sits up too quickly and blood rushes to her head. She puts a hand to her brow, her head pounding. "Urgh, I'm never going into my own head again. It's so empty," she thinks back to her encounter and the mysterious entity that wouldn't show its true self.

"I've copied her magic, mostly because I wonder how empty Asta's head is," [Name] says to herself. Leopold looks at her in surprise.

Like all the others who witnessed her, he thought she just had two magic types. Although, now that he is really thinking about it, Bubble Magic and Fire Magic seem like an unlikely pair. Not to mention, her spells looked a lot like big brother's. Now that that's out of the way, Leopold looks at her in worry, searching for any injuries.

"Are you alright, [Name]? What happened? You and that lady just collapsed out of nowhere." Leopold interrogates the girl.

[Name] glares at him. Her head was still pounding with every flow of blood to the brain. "One moment, Sir Leopold, my head is going to kill me before any bandits do," she spits, feeling nauseated and Leopold backs away. She looks around. "What happened to them, anyway?"

Leopold looks down. He trembles in anger as he recounts what happened to the bandits and the flash of light that took the other lady. "Who was she, [Name]?" Said girl is also upset at the news.

"Didn't you here?" [Name] laughs dryly. "I'm their daughter. I am the daughter of bandits. Murderers." She laughs again and Leopold shivers. It sounded...

Haunted.

[Name]'s trying desperately to not fall apart in front of the villagers. She could always break down later. Alone. Just like she was in her house. House... not even a home. She throws her head back to look at the still cloudy skies. Maybe I'm only affected since they're my biological parents, after all. We still had some moments on those rare days they came home.

Suddenly, a flash of blue and red appears and flies to Asta, who is still sleeping. Well... Asta was sleeping.

The strange bird pecks him awake, undeterred by the screaming of the boy. Noelle blushes at the sight of the annoying but cute bird. "Hey, you don't want to be with Stupid Asta! You can come to me."

[Name] and a few villagers get a good laugh. Leopold was still looking at her. She looks better. Her laugh isn't as haunting. Yet Leopold can't shake this bad, bad feeling that he has. It settles into the pit of his stomach and it doesn't look like it's leaving anytime soon.

I'll just look after her then, he thinks.

[Name] was feeling put off by the bird. It was almost a threatening feeling as if it were dangerous. She narrows her eyes. Why it has that stone, she doubts she will ever know. The stone was as odd as the bird holding it, emanating a strange power that felt familiar.

A sharp pain went through her head. What is it with everything feeling familiar?!

Deciding to forget about it, she walks to the villagers. "Are any of you in need of medical attention?" Several villagers, namely a few young men, came to be examined by her. As she works with the villagers, Leopold and Asta stare at her. Her crimson cape representing her squad flows behind her, as does her (h/c) hair.