Chapter 15

Abby glanced at DiNozzo and McGee, lifting an eyebrow at the two agents. "Hovering over my shoulder won't make the DNA match any quicker," she told them, her eyes worried. "Are you sure Bishop is going to be okay?"

"She's in Asgard, with Loki and Gibbs," DiNozzo said reassuringly, although he was just as worried as Abby. "They have healers there, Asgardian healers. Bishop will be fine."

Abby looked skeptical. "Those Asgardian healers had no idea what the energy in Loki's head was or how to get rid of it the last time we were there, and we figured it out instead. I wouldn't put much faith in them."

"Gibbs is there," McGee told her. "Would they dare let Bishop die with Gibbs around?"

Abby shoved McGee. "Don't talk about Bishop dying!"

"I was saying she wouldn't die!"

"Don't forget about Loki," DiNozzo pointed out. "He'd probably kill the healers if they failed, so they won't. Everything will be fine." Everything has to be fine. We won't lose another agent.

Kate's not dead, though, that little voice in the back of his mind whispered. Kate's not dead, just your enemy.

"Go see Ducky," Abby directed. "Let me finish analyzing Halo's blood. Just...give me a break."

DiNozzo and McGee exchanged a glance, then turned to go. "Wait!" Abby exclaimed, throwing herself at McGee. She gave him a tight hug. "Tell me Bishop's going to be okay."

"She's going to be okay," McGee said as reassuringly as he could.

"Loki and Gibbs are enough to frighten the healers into doing their job," DiNozzo added. "Don't worry, Abby."

****

"Ah, Tony, Timothy," Ducky greeted as the two agents walked into autopsy. "Any news on Eleanor's condition?"

DiNozzo shook his head. "Do you have anything on the body?"

"She was shot with a sniper rifle," Jimmy said, looking up from where he stood beside the body of Millie Swenson. "Forehead."

"I know, Jimmy," DiNozzo snapped. "I was there, remember?"

Jimmy raised an eyebrow. "You don't have to be so rude about it."

DiNozzo sighed. "Sorry, Jimmy. I'm just tense." Tense because I'm pretty sure I know who those two enhanced humans were and this isn't good if they are who I think they are. "The bullet's the same make as the one from Captain Morris, both unmarked, and we saw Agent Sniper shoot her." Saying that felt so wrong, now that he knew Kate was Sniper. "Which means Sniper did shoot our Navy captain."

Ducky nodded. "It seems so, DiNozzo. So why, may I ask, are you down here?"

"Do you have anything else?" McGee asked.

Ducky shook his head. "Millie Swenson's body has said many things, but none of which has any bearing on her death, or your case."

DiNozzo sighed, leaning against the empty autopsy table. "We've got nothing, Ducky. We know who killed Captain Morris, we saw who killed Millie, but we have no idea how to capture Agent Sniper or her little ghost friend." And then there's Halo and her partner, and Morris involved with SHIELD, and Bishop in Asgard....

We've just got so many problems and no way to catch our killers.

****

"There's no match," Abby told DiNozzo as he and McGee entered her lab. "I couldn't find a match for the DNA. I'm sorry."

DiNozzo stared at the computer, the blaringly red Negative Match glaring out at him. This was wrong. He knew who that DNA belonged to and she should be in the system.