Author's Note

Hey, everyone!

So, Special Agent 2: The Dark Soldier is here! You ready to dive into the second book of the series and see what Loki and the NCIS team are up to now?

So, a couple things before we begin:

First, Special Agent will be updated every other week. If I am able to get more updates out, I will, but other than that chapters will be every other week, at least for the present.

Second, I'm going to start off on the right foot this time and spell McGee's name right (I've spelled his name as "McGhee" in the last book).

And a third thing - this book takes place during the spring episodes of NCIS Season 11 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Thor: The Dark World's timeline in the MCU has been shoved back to spring 2014, to occur at the time of Cap 2.

I have altered some things on the Marvel side of things in order to work better for this story. It's best to think of the Special Agent series as an alternate storyline for Loki in the MCU. I try to stick to the canon for both the show and the movies, but of course, things will be different!

If you have not read Special Agent Loki Laufeyson first, you have two options. One, you can go and read that one first (it's completed, so no waiting for updates!). Two, you can just continue with this one, but I will warn you, there will be some spoilers for the first book here (and it will probably make more sense in general if you read Book 1 first, although you probably still could enjoy this one without doing so).

I do not own NCIS or Marvel - I just own the plot, the original characters, and the way I have chosen to mix the two fandoms to create this story.

Well, I hope you guys enjoy the book! Remember to vote and comment, and thank you so much for reading!

Now, cue NCIS theme/Marvel theme (your choice).

Skylar Wittenborn