• Chapitre Sept

Greetings and welcome to the seventh chapter of Sweet, Like Honey!
Today, we continue from where we left off last time, we'll properly be moving through this arc.
Tension rises, let's have a good time now, shall we?
(Please notify me on any grammar/spelling mistakes, this way I can correct them ASAP)

———

-Ash-

"That actually might have been the best sandwich I've ever had... Don't tell my mom though!" Serena sounded relieved.

"I know right? I've never been to a place this good, not even in all of Kanto." I returned a smile. We just got out of the legendary sandwich cafe and it seemed like I successfully saved Serena from a horrible day.

"To think I never knew of this place. I really have to hang out with Gary more often, he seems to know this place like the back of his hand." She seemed all giddy about it, which was kinda cute. I really couldn't see why Calem treats her like he does. She's such a sweet girl.

I nodded quickly. "I am certain he'd be totally down to guide you around Lumiose city anytime! If he doesn't, then I'll have a word with him. So if your boyfriend acts stupid ever again, we should just go on a little Lumiose adventure, with our lil Lumiose gang."

Serena chuckled softly. "Since when is everything here Lumiose branded?"

"Since we took control of this place, of course. We rule this city." I shrugged nonchalantly, I was simply speaking the truth after all.

"Oh yeah? You've only been here for a few weeks though." The honey blonde girl gave me a suspicious look.

I shook my head. "Meh, it was Gary's idea, don't take it too seriously."

"I didn't even take it seriously in the first place."

"Oh."

The immersion of our conversation made us forget all about the fact that we were nearing the station. Suddenly we stood before the actual building. The walk here was quite a bit away from home, but I couldn't leave Serena in the dark anymore today. "It seems like we've reached your destination." I stated.

"Mhm, it seems so." She pulled her phone from her pocket. "The amount of trains going to Vaniville and back are more limited later in the evening, but they're still pretty frequent during this hour. It's almost like you planned it all perfectly." Serena laughed.

"I am quite the professional, but don't tell Gary I said that."

"I won't. Anyways, thank you for today Ash. I don't know what today would've brought me if it wasn't for you." The girl smiled brightly.

I slowly shook my head again. "It's no problem, Serena. I just can't stand seeing you, or uhh... any of my friends unhappy. I'm glad I was able to better your day." Damn, I totally stumbled over my words there.

"The same goes for me. In any case though, I'm glad you were here today. Especially since I've been feeling kind of-" Serena got interrupted by the ringing of her phone.

"Yeah? Oh, hi mom. Mhm, I'm about to go home. About what?" She let out a quiet sigh. "It went great, he was a bit late though. Would you mind interrogating me later?" The conversation seemed to be trailing off further and further, until Serena hung up.

I thought it to be interesting that she kept her boyfriend's shenanigans a secret from her mother. If I had more guts or a better bond with Serena, I would've asked her about it. I'll just let it slide for now though. "Your mother called?"