CHAPTER 11

An Unexpected Visit.

It's been a week since Maïka was finally settled into her room on the first floor. Like we said, we'd always meet at the library when we could, and we'd eat there as well.

Today is a Saturday, so i slept in until 10 AM. And after that, i made my way to the library, where i could find Tae and Maïka sitting at a table while talking and laughing.

Jimin had came a little later since he was with his psychologist, Dr. Jung. He said he had a session today so he wouldn't be there early.

(Jimin: Hey guys.)

(Taehyung: Hey hyung!)

(Jimin: What are you three up to?)

(Maïka: Playing Skip-Bo. Want to join Oppa?)

(Jimin: No thanks. I'll just read a book instead.)

His behavior is different lately. He has been a little distant. I mean, so am i concidering i don't see them as often as before but still.

(Taehyung: Okay. Well, Maï? Do you wanna go get some snacks with me?)

(Maïka: Of course! Let's go Oppa!)

They then both leave to i assume, Dr. Kim or Dr. Jung's office to ask permission to enter the back kitchen to get some snacks.

(Me: Oppa? Is there something wrong?)

(Jimin: I don't see why you'd think such a thing. Everything is just fine.)

His eyes didn't leave the book as he said those 2 phrases. His behavior was getting on my nerves at this point. I decided to get up, and i snatched the book away from his hands.

(Jimin: Hey-)

(Me: Don't "Hey" me, Park Jimin! What the heck is up with your behavior lately?? You've been acting like an ass ever since Maïka transferred to the first floor! Are you not happy about her achieving her goal?!)

(Jimin: Of course i'm happy for her! Anything that puts a smile on her face will make me happy for her! Even if she isn't aware of me being in love with her, i don't give a crap! Because she's smiling and she isn't in the same state as she was when she first got here! And that is all that counts for me!)

(Me: Then why are you being an ass? Don't you think we'd have realized by now? You've been getting distant day by day. Clearly something is wrong! You said it yourself, you're in love with her! But don't you think that your behavior might say otherwise? Is it because she's mostly with Tae? Cause if so, then you're being selfish. Being jealous of your own friend. Wow.)

(Jimin: Well i'm sorry if i can't help it! I'm head over heels for her! But if she's not going to love me back, what is the point of keeping my god damn hopes up!? I could never be mad at Taehyung for loving her.. Because i know, that he can make her happy.. What hurts, is that i can't make her smile the way Taehyung does.. That's what hits me hard. And i'm sorry to have been how i was. But if my heart just gave up and let her go, so she could be happy, then i'd do it. Because Taehyung has better chances in making her heart flutter, then me.)

His eyes were teary. This really hurt him.. It was clear..

(Jimin: Why is love so unfair? Why is love so painful? Why does it hurt to try and let go of someone so that person can be happy? I'm sick of running after love that isn't meant to be.. And i'm sick of not being capable of making her smile and laugh the way Taehyung does..)