CHAPTER 6

A Small Talk About My Abusive Father.

She looked at me surprised..

(Maïka: Is everything okay?)

(Me: Yeah. Just fine.)

(Maïka: What happened?)

(Me: What always happens. It's the 7th time this month. I had a nightmare of my past again..)

(Maïka: Oh... Are you sure you're okay?)

(Me: Yeah. I'm living the life.)

(Maïka: I'm serious. And i want a serious answer.)

(Me: I'm fine.. Really.)

(Maïka: Aish... Okay then..)

I could see that she had a question in mind, so i looked at her and spoke..

(Me: Ask. I know you have a question in mind. So ask. I got nothing else to do then answer your questions.)

She paused for a few seconds, and spoke..

(Maïka: What happened in your nightmare..?)

(Me: Of course it had to be that question..)

(Maïka: Sorry...)

(Me: It's fine. One day or another.. I'm gonna have to speak up..)

I paused and looked at her..

(Me: My father abused me, my whole life. I was never raped or anything like that.. Only bruises and scars..)

(Maïka: He hurt you to the point where you had scars..?)

(Me: He didn't even care. My birth was a mistake. Because i was born, he had to get a better job. He started drinking a lot. He would sell drugs and everything just for money.. He would meet up with gangs and everything.. He would always bring me along. He practically forced me..)

My eyes filled with tears..

(Me: Once i turned 13, my father took things more seriously, and he would force me to take drugs. He would make deals with dealers that would sell my father drugs. Since he wanted to make sure it was drugs, he would want me to take it for him, to make sure it was..)

(Maïka: That's horrible..)

(Me: I never got addicted. I never took any unless my father forced me to. Whenever i would refuse whatever he told me to do.. He would beat me up..)

She looked at me with sad eyes.. More pity twoards me.. Great.. I wipe away a tear that was going to fall, and look away..

(Me: With the amount of times my father had beat me, i got used to it, and got stronger when it came to physical discipline.. Maybe i ended up with bruises and wounds but.. I was never in unbearable pain..)

A tear slid down my cheek..

(Me: I dreamed of him abusing me when i was 10. I dream about it a lot. But every time i do, it's a different time..)

I wipe away my tears and look up..

(Me: No matter what happens next, if he finds me, he'll kill me in a suffering way.)

(Maïka: He can't hurt you.)

(Me: What makes you say that?)

(Maïka: Because you are safe here. And i won't let anything happen to you.)

(Me: Aish. Don't be over protective. I can take care of myself. But thanks.. I appreciate you being here for me..)

I guess she can't be that bad.. She's different, caring, and kind. I might get along just fine with this tall human.. And i' not lying about the tall part..

(Maïka: Everyone needs someone there for them, from times to times. It just so happens that for you, that person is me. It sucks when it comes to needing someone to keep your peaces together, huh.?)

(Me: Yeah.. It does suck.)

I could see she had another question in mind, so i look at her and smile weekly..

(Me: You can ask whatever you want.)

(Maïka: Did your mother know? Did she know your father was abusing you?)

(Me: Not until i told her.. And i only told her 4 months ago.)

(Maïka: Did she try to help you?)

My gaze darkened as she asked the question..

(Me: That is none of your buisness. Don't ever ask me about my mother ever again.)

I got up, and left as fast as possible.