CHAPTER 5

A Code Red.

I was crying.. I was in pain.. My father was abusing me.. He kept hitting me.. He wouldn't stop.. I could beg. I could cry.. But it wouldn't change anything.. I was his punching bag..

(Me: *Crying* A-Appa.. S-Stop.. I-It h-hurts..)

He didn't stop.. I couldn't be saved this time.. My mother was gone out with friends, again.. I was alone..

*WAKING UP FROM THE DREAM*

I woke up and started crying.. The alarms had went off. It was a matter of time before Detective Kim and Dr. Kim arrived..

I kept crying. Non stop..

The alarm was loud. It could be hurd on the 3 floors. Other patients could also be on their way to see what's going on..

The door burst opened, and Dr. Kim and Detective Kim came in with a few guards.. As always, they cuffed my hands together in case i tried to protect myself..

(Detective Kim: Look at us. Everything is okay. You are safe. We are here to protect you.)

(Dr. Kim: Breath. Everything will be just fine. You're gonna be just fine.)

Patients were behind the door in the hallway, looking inside the room..

(Detective Kim: Evacuate the hallway. This is not helping the patient to calm down!)

The guards listened to him, and they started to put everyone back in their rooms..

(Dr. Kim: Look at me, okay? What happened?)

(Me: *Crying* M-My f-father..)

(Detective Kim: What about your father?)

(Me: *Crying* H-He w-was t-there.. A-Abusing m-me.. A-Again..)

(Dr. Kim: It's okay. You're safe now. Your father can't hurt you anymore. I promis you that. Okay?)

My crying slowed down, as they kept reassuring me until i had calmed down..

(Detective Kim: I'm going to take off the handcuffs now. Okay? You are going to rest.)

(Me: P-Please.. D-Don't leave me alone..)

(Dr. Kim: I will stay until you fall asleep. Now lay down, and rest.)

I did as he said.. And soon enough, i closed my eyes, ready to fall asleep again..

*NO ONE'S POV*

Dr. Kim left the room as the patient fell asleep..

Detective Kim was on the phone as he came out of the room..

Once the phone call ended, Detective Kim spoke..

(Detective Kim: It's the 7th time this month Seokjin.)

(Dr. Kim: Maybe it is. But she is getting a bit better. She wasn't violent this time.)

(Detective Kim: If this gets worse, i won't have a choice but to transfer her to the 3rd floor.)

(Dr. Kim: You know you can't do that. She needs a chance. She's 15, for god's sake. She has been here for only 4 months. Give her a chance.)

(Detective Kim: You said the same thing for patient, Jeon Jungkook.)

(Dr. Kim: Just please.. Consider your choices. This girl has been through enough. She doesn't need to be locked up on the 3rd floor like if she was just like anyone on that floor. She's not.)

(Detective Kim: She may have been through a lot. But it still doesn't change anything. You have 1 month to prove me wrong about transfering her. And maybe i'll consider cancelling it.)

They than make their ways to their offices..

*SANDRA'S POV*
*THE NEXT DAY*

Today i woke up a bit more tired than usual.. My eyes were still red and puffy..

I got up, and did my morning routine like always..

I dressed like this..

I didn't have any classes today, so i made my way to the library

When i entered the library, it was pretty much empty, except for a few people reading books. I took a book and sat down while reading..

*FEW MINUTES LATER*

(??: May i?)

I look up, and see Maïka..

(Me: Yeah. Go ahead.)

She than sits infront of me..

(Maïka: Did you hear the alarm yesterday? Aperantly it was a code red.)

Oh great. Now i'm in the red..

(Me: Yeah i did hear.)

(Maïka: Did you see what happened?)

(Me: No i didn't. I lived it.)

She looked at me confused..

(Me: I was the code red.)