"I'll speak to her," Heyder said after a pause.

"Don't tell her I told you anything," Maya kept her eyes on his hands. "I don't want her to think I'm snitching about her to you."

"Why does it matter what she thinks?"

"It matters," Maya lifted her eyes to find Heyder watching her.

"Why?"

"Because I want you to be happy," Maya couldn't stop herself. "I don't want you and Fiza to fight over me. You deserve to be happy with her."

"And what about you?"

Maya looked away, "I am happy."

Her words caused Heyder to flinch. He envied her for the ease she lied with.

"Look at me and tell me you are happy," Heyder's jaw hardened. Maya turned her head to glare at him before she looked away again.

"Say it to my face, Birdie," Heyder pushed.

"You know, I came here to get some peace and quiet," Maya began to rise from the bench. Heyder's hand shot out and grabbed her arm before she could rise.

"Look me in the eye and tell me you are happy with what you are doing," Heyder pulled her closer.

"I am!" Maya said in anger. She tried to pull her arm away but struggling only made Heyder hold on to her tighter.

"Look at me, Maya."

"Stop it, Heyder!" Maya pushed him with her free hand.

"You can't do it, can you?" Heyder pulled her closer and whispered against her ear.

Maya stilled. His warm breath tickled her neck and made her whole back tingle. She unwillingly moved closer to his chest as his arms wrapped around her. The silent air around them held its breath as Heyder placed his fingers under Maya's chin and lifted her face.

"I need your help, Birdie."

"Let go of me," Maya wiggled in his arm.

"I will let go of you as of right now in this situation," Heyder smirked. "But I am not letting go of you."

As soon as he released Maya, she jumped to her feet with a deep frown and began to move towards the path that led back to the palace.

"Maya," Heyder called after her.

"What?" Maya looked over her shoulder.

"I was serious about needing your help."

"With what?" Maya paused and turned. Heyder pulled in his long legs as he rose from the bench and walked over to where she stood in the snow covered field.

"The ophiotaurus," he said as he approached her.

"Why do you still need that?" Maya frowned. "There is no curse."

"It's much bigger than the curse," the image of the golden arrow flying through the air and plunging into Maya's chest flashed before Heyder's eyes.

"What is it?" Maya took a curious step forward as she saw the fear flash over the jinn's eyes. It was quick as a heart beat. Maya would have never seen it if she hadn't been watching.

"Something big is coming," Heyder said. "We need to find the ophiotaurus and get it to....somebody."

"You still won't tell me who you are taking it to?"

"I can't," Heyder said, looking at the palace. "Trust me, if I could, I would tell the whole world."

"Heyder....." Maya took a step closer. "You can tell me."