Type immediately grabbed the swiss roll and hurriedly dug in. It was delicious. He turned to look at Tharn and smiled at him. Tharn smiled back, to reveal the crumbs of the chocolate muffin stuck in his teeth, making it look like he had just eaten a mouthful of dirt, and Type burst out laughing.

°°°

"What is your favourite colour?" He asked Tharn. "My favourite colour is blue," he replied. "Really? Mine too," Type said, excitedly. "What's your favourite song?" Tharn asked him. Type thought about it for a minute. "I don't have a favourite song," Type replied. 

"How do you not have a favourite song? Don't you listen to music?" Tharn asked. "I do. I just don't have a favourite song. I like a lot of songs. Who is your favourite musician?" He asked and saw Tharn furrowing his brows in thought. 

"Ella Fitzgerald," Tharn said after a long pause. "Who's that?" Type asked, never having heard such a name before. "She is an old singer that my mom listens to. She has such a beautiful voice," Tharn replied. Type was intrigued by that information. He wanted to know more.

"Who is your favourite musician?" Tharn asked. "Backstreet Boys," Type replied immediately and Tharn giggled.

°°°

"Do you want to go to the shop to buy some snacks before rehearsal?" Type asked Tharn. Tharn nodded his head excitedly. "Okay, I'll come to you after class is over," Type said and he walked back to his seat.

"Are you friends with him?" Pop asked. Type looked at him and nodded. "Yeah. We hangout during rehearsals. He's really fun," Type said and his friends started staring at him a little weirdly. Type shook it off and went back to his book. 

°°°

"Type, we can't be friends with you anymore," Pop said. Type was taken aback by this news. "Why?" He asked. "Because you're friends with him now," Pop said, pointing at Tharn. Type felt like he had nothing to say to them because they were clearly judging him based on rumours and whispers. He had thought the same things about Tharn, but as he got to know him better, he realised that the rumours about him were completely baseless. He was actually a very nice guy who was just a little too shy to approach people. He looked at the pained expression on Tai's face and realised he didn't want to be part of this but he had no choice. 

He nodded and packed up his things. He walked up to Tharn and sat down next to him. "Why are you sitting here?" Tharn asked, looking confused. "Because my friends don't want to talk to me anymore," Type said. "What? Why?" Tharn asked, looking distraught. "They're just being stupid. It's fine. Do you mind if I sit with you from now on?" Type asked. Tharn shook his head and smiled at him. 

°°°

Type saw Lan sitting in the corner of the classroom, drawing something on her book. She looked so cute. He didn't know why he wanted to go up to her and talk to her. He knew that everyone would make fun of him for talking to a girl so he stayed put. 

"You're so ugly! Your hair makes you look like a pig with two piggy ears," Type said to Lan. He wanted to talk to her but he didn't want to be teased for trying to talk to her so that was the best solution he came up with. Lan stared at him with her round eyes and walked away with a huff. Type felt so excited to catch her attention.

"Your hair makes you look so ugly. Take it off. Don't you want to look like a girl, or do you want to look like a pig?" Type said, pulling at the scrunchies on her head. He pulled really hard because the scrunchies were tied very tightly all the way to her scalp. He was so excited to be able to touch her for the first time so he just yanked it out in his blind enthusiasm. He ended up pulling a few strands of her hair with it and stared at his hand in shock. Lan looked up at him as her eyes began to tear up and she started to cry. Type, in panic, threw the scrunchie at her and ran away.