Chapter 43 | Bringing her back home

Start from the beginning

For as much as I know, she can be sure I'm dead, never giving her a sign, less to talk about Benito having a direct interest in keeping the truth from her.

But what if she knows I'm alive, and she isn't interested in me anymore?

Why would she? I inflicted her pain and terror for years in a row and she made it clear more than once that she wanted out of our marriage.

These have been the thoughts that kept me awake all night. And I'll put an end to them starting today. And I have to bring her back home.

That night before she has been taken away from me can never be a lie. Who the fuck lies shivering as she did under me? Who the fuck lies while loving and crying at the same time?

I'll bring her back and cherish her as she deserves and if I am to fail, I'll try again, and again, till she learns that her place is only by my side.

She's the only woman that has ever made me happy. She's a kind and warm-hearted woman that any man would die to have.

I need her back in my life like I need the air to breathe. I need her so I can feel alive, to feel loved, and to love her back.

I have always wrongfully thought she was my obedient kitten, but she has me wrapped around her fingers. What a beautiful mixture in a woman! The perfect woman.

The kind of woman that makes you feel like the dominant half but in reality, she's the one to rule. And I love the way Becca is ruling my heart. One could say I don't have one. Well, I don't. Because she has it.

I love her madly and I know that our bond can never be undone. Nobody has ever loved me more than she does, and I need to know if she still loves me. She's the puzzle to complete me and without her, I'm lost.

So no, I'm not going to give up on her, not now, not ever. If only I could fucking travel and take her by myself.

Gio arrives right after dinner and he is brought to my office, just as I've asked.

"Evening, Lucas," he says, and we hug, tapping manly each other's back. "You look good, brother."

"Thanks, Gio. How is everything?"

"Just the way you like it, Lucas. Here, you asked for this," he says and places a black card on my desk while I hand him a glass of whiskey that I've fixed for him and filled one more for myself.

"How is her business doing?" I ask as I know Gio is keeping a close eye on everything about Becca.

"Not very well. Mike is struggling but doesn't have much power. The hyenas on the board of her company are sucking everything and stealing her money bit by bit."

"Hm..." I hum, nodding my head a few times, taking in the info. "And her mother?"

"She ran away to her parents after her husband and her son were killed. She's a soft woman, Lucas. She couldn't take the pressure."

"But she has the majority of shares after her husband's death, right?"

"Right," Gio confirms.

I pull my phone from the pocket, standing up and leaning the weight of my body against the cane I have as an aid to walk.

I dial Mike's number and the call rings three times before he answers in a cold, even tone.

"Hello."

"Mike, this is Lucas Tate," I say in a raspy, determined voice.

He pauses for a few good moments. It's obvious I'm the last person he expects to hear.

"Mr. Tate. What a surprise! To what do I owe the honor of your call?"