Chapter 56

Poppy's PoV

"Quick, lets get out of here." Calum grabbed my hand and ran me out of the hospital and away from Naomi. My heart was practically beating in my throat as we made it back to the car. Calum ordered the driver to go as he pulled his phone out, dialling Dave as quickly as his fingers would allow.

"Cal?"

"Dave." Calum interrupted. "Naomi's stalking us again. She saw us at the hospital and she threatened to leak the information. She was threatening us." His voice was strained, for the first time actual fear could be heard. I knew why, of course I was scared for our baby too, Naomi was now an actual threat to my safety and the safety of our unborn child.

"Where are you now?" Dave didn't wait for more information.

"The driver is taking us to the bar where the guys are. Is Jack with them?" I could hear Dave rustling around as he spoke to us, igniting more fear inside of me. Why did we run? Surely that was only going to make her worse?

"Yes. I'm just getting ready and I'll meet you there too. Because of her actions before we have to take this very seriously." Calum and I glanced at each other. Shit. We'd have to tell him. This isn't how I wanted people to find out. "I'll speak to management too, try to get someone ready to assist us from the legal team."

"Dave? Another thing..." Calum trailed off, regretting that this would be how he found out.

"Yeah?" The tension was thick in the air. I gulped down the sick feeling that was growing with every second I was on the run from Naomi. That look in her eye this time was different, it was as if she had snapped.

"Poppy... she's..." Calum sighed. "I'm sorry to tell you like this man, but she's pregnant." The stunned silence filled the car.

"Shit." Dave breathed out. "Oh fucking hell." My gut sunk. That feeling was back again. What if no one else was happy for us? What if they all thought it was terrible? Dave's keys jingled in the background of the phone call before an engine started. There was a pause as his call connected to the Bluetooth headset. "I mean that's fantastic news! Congratulations guys. It's just... well, with what Naomi's done before, I'm just worried. We'll have to be really protective of you both until she is locked up." Dave started sounding happy before his job took over, eliminating the joy and replacing it with worst case scenarios we'd have to take into account.

"I know." Calum said strongly. "I want to do everything I can to protect them." I placed my hand on his thigh and gave it a squeeze, which he responded to by putting his hand over mine.

"So Naomi saw you coming out from a pregnancy area?" Dave asked, clearly unsure of the name of the scanning department we'd just used.

"Yes." I responded this time. "And she went mental. She just snapped, started shouting and threatening us, saying she would leak the news." Dave let out an exasperated sigh. Clearly we had all had enough of this woman and her escapades.

"We need to be really careful right now. I've dealt with people like her before and trust me this is not something that usually ends with a hug and a farewell. She's going to work to the death to be with you Cal. Hell, she believes you're the dad to her kid. She's going to see Poppy as a threat and want to eliminate her. She's going to want to force you to be with her. Her mind is probably gone. She'll have no compassion or regret, she'll just see red until she gets her outcome." I let out a scared breath as my eyes stung. Surely she wasn't going to hurt my baby? She's pregnant too. She must have some care within her?

"Okay, thanks Dave. We'll be about five minutes. I'll make sure we fill the guys in when we get there." Calum said strongly, trying to stay positive for us both whilst I had a breakdown in the background.

"Sorry Cal, there's no time. I'll have to speak to Jack now. I'm going to have to tell him everything. Maybe we can find somewhere else to meet, somewhere less exposed?" Dave had his security hat on, there was no emotion or thought process outside of his necessary plans to keep us safe. This had only happened maybe once before and he terrified me then. I was, once again, terrified.

"We were due to have a private booth in the theatre to watch Hamilton. Surely the theatre would be a lot more security conscious than a bar?" I spoke quietly, my voice no more than a wobbly whisper as my emotions run wild.

"Great idea Poppy. They've got security at the door and metal detectors. Plus having a private booth makes it a hell of a lot more difficult for anyone to get near any of you. Direct yourselves to the theatre, I'll get jack to take the others and we'll all meet up there. The theatre should let us in early, especially when I explain what's going on." The guys exchanged quick goodbyes as we detoured to the theatre, my leg bouncing up and down in anxiety as I thought about what Dave had said. I really hoped he was wrong. If Naomi was that upset because I was now pregnant, then it would not end well for me. She ran me over purely because I was dating him - what the hell would she do to me knowing I actually had Calum's child inside me whilst hers was an imitation? A sick feeling rose once more. Calum's hand was suddenly on my shoulder as he pulled me into a hug.

"Hey, it'll be okay." He soothed, kissing the top of my head.

"I'm scared, Cal. That look in her eyes, it was like Naomi had gone. There was just fire and anger and hatred. If she hurts someone I love..." a sob escaped before I could finish. Cal said no more, but he held me tight as we arrived at the theatre. Dave was quick to lead us into the private room, explaining all to the theatre security beforehand. We all settled into the room, Dave and Jack outside keeping watch as the band and their girlfriends all cowered close with us.

"What the fuck is going on?" Michael breathed out, making sure he protected Crystal.

"I thought Naomi had seen the light? She's still trying to tear you both apart?" Sierra added. Suddenly the door flew open and Naomi, plus two masked gunmen entered the room, causing us all to freeze in fear as the last of the air was breathed out of our lungs. She was going to kill someone.