Closer

The next few days are amazing. Cameron and I spend all of our time together and I love having all of his attention solely on me. We still haven't labeled our relationship and I'm not sure when to bring it up. We haven't gone on a date yet, am I supposed to be the one who asks? What if he rejects me?

Matt and Carter arrive today, I'm excited but Cam is ambivalent about it. We stop by the Apple store and he buys me a new iPhone since he broke mine. I was so wrapped up in Cam the past few days that I forgot I even had a phone. That's so unlike me considering the fact that I'm on my phone like 24/7. Fans started noticing my lack of presence on social media so Cam had to assure them that I was still alive but didn't have a phone cause mine was broken.

We finally arrive at the airport, Cam drives us and are waiting by the baggage claim for Matt and Carter.

"Ugh it's going to be so miserable with fucking Carter staying with us." He complains. I roll my eyes at him.

"Can you at least be cordial?" I ask him and he sighs loudly at me.

"I make no guarantees." Is all he replies. I open my mouth to say something to him when I spot Matt and Carter making their way towards us. I smile widely at seeing my friends, we meet them halfway and I hug both of them. Cameron only hugs Matt and completely ignores Carter, Carter doesn't seem to care.

We grab their bags and make our way back towards the car. I fall into step with Carter.

"So what are your plans for the trip here?" I ask him curiously.

"Well since Magcon is practically over and done with, him and I are just want to network, you know, meet the people who can get us somewhere." he explains.

"Maybe we could even move here permanently and share the apartment with you and Cam. It's big enough..." he finishes. I give him an uneasy look when he mentions moving in. Cam barely wants him to stay for a few days, much less moving in.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?" We get to the car and pack the trunk. I don't reply be since Cam is close by. We get in and Cam drives us back to the apartment.

The car is silent during the ride there, it's almost awkward. Cam parks and we shuffle into the apartment. I show Matt and Carter where the guest bedroom is and then go back to the kitchen to make some dinner.

Cam is sitting at the island eating some cereal while I boil some water for spaghetti.

"You cook?" He asks me, raising an eyebrow.

"My mom gave me a crash course before I left. So I don't starve." I tell him and sit down next to him.

"So Carter was talking about if him and Matt get some opportunities here they might move in with us," I say as casually as possible.

"Fuck no." He replies and looks back down at his bowl.

"Cam."

"Nash."

"He's our friend, why are you so hostile?" I ask him, getting exasperated.

"Because he's a fucking user, manipulator, asshole. Do I need to continue or did you get the idea?" He responds sarcastically.

"You're such a fucking asshole, Cameron." Carter says behind us, Matt is standing next to him, he looks shocked. I guess he never realized how much Carter and Cameron disliked each other. My eyes widen but Cameron doesn't look fazed. He turns and looks at Carter with a scowl on his face.

"Feel free to get the fuck out of my apartment so I don't have to see your fucking face. I thought I got rid of you when we left magcon, but you somehow weasel your way into everything. There's a reason why Nash didn't ask you until he felt pity for you because you called whining about it like a little bitch. You're nothing, bro. No one is going to give you the time of say here. You only got famous because of your dumbass vines scaring your mom, like any person with a pea brain can do that. Why don't you do us all a favor and find a way to get back to fucking North Carolina!" He rants at Carter.