CHAPTER 23

DONT FORGET TO READ MY NEW STORY "JOURNEY TO HERE"!

-----------------------------------------

God please let everything be ok Lisa prayed as the ambulance raced down the highway to the nearest hospital .

"Calm down Lisa breath baby" William tried to coach me. Poor thing look more stressed than me. I'm so glad he decided to come back upstairs when he did to tell me my cell phone was ringing. I don't what would have happened had he not

"I'm calm William" I said in a tights whisper trying to make it through this really bad wave of pain. I don't know if these are contractions or not. But if they are I had no idea they would be this horrible.

"Mamn" the ambulance attendant said trying to get my attention "we are almost there I just gave you some pain medicine to try and subside the pain until we reach the hospital ok"

"Ok....is the baby alright" I asked scared of the answer I would recieve. I knew that the baby wasn't due for another three and half weeks and you never know how crutual those weeks could be to a baby.

"Sorry but we want know until we get to the hospital" The attendant said with an apologetic face.

"London is going to be fine baby" William said with a reassuring smile.

Five minutes later we pulled into the hospital. To me it felt like a internaty. I was rushed into the labor and delivery suite and surrounded by nurses running around the room setting things up.

"We need test ran stat!" I heard someone the room shout followed by more shouting

"This is considered a premature labor so we're going to need all hands on deck, prepare for anything" Another voice. shouted back.

"Mamn?" a eldery nurse said bringing my attention to the side of me where she stood. I had to admit her salt and pepper grey hair and pleasent face did seem to calm me down.

"Im going to need for to relax for me so I can find a vain to hook a IV up ok" she said I nodded my head and for some reason tears begin to swell in my eyes. All the people in here running around was beginning to really make me feel uneasy. I dont know What I would do if something is wrong with the baby and she doesnt make it. I know I was supose to have faith that God would protect us. But theres always this remaining voice in the back of your head saying "what if everything isnt ok" I mean giving birth is the closes a person comes to death.

"Swetheart dont cry" William said breaking my trance. I didn't even realize that tears was running down my face until William got a tissue to wipe them off. A few minutes later I was so releaved to see a our OBGYN walk into the room once everyone had left and everything had quieted down.

"Hi guys....I got here as soon as I got the call. I see London is trying to make an early apperance here. I guess she doesnt know about being fashionable late" He said with a soft smile looking down at the medical chart in his hand. Mr. Standly had been my OBGYN doctor since I was in college, so it was only natural to him as my pregnacy doctor.

"Yes she is" I said in a tight voice as another wave of pain came through. The medicine the AMT gave must have worked because it wasn't as bad as before, but definitely really uncomfortable.

"I see your still having some pain. Im going to call a anesthesiologist in so you can get an epidural before the pain medication wears off completely ok" Dr. Standly said noticing the stricken look on my face.

"Epidural? Does that mean...does that mean Lisa is in labor?" William asked suprpised. Just then the elderly nurse that I met when I first arrived came in and checked my IV.