CHAPTER 14

-William-

"You know what?...dont you ever, and I mean ever threaten to distroy my career. I have work too hard and I am too good at what I do and have been nothing but professional from the minute i've started working for you" Lisa yelled. I knew she was angry but hell I was angry too. she just couldnt come in here and think everything is just over cause she said so with no explanation.

"but 'Professional' women dont screw there boss either now do they" I said staring her head on. I thought she was going to hit me by the way she squared her shoulders from what I said

"Fuck You! your an asshole and Im not gone let you go and try to black mail me into staying here another minute longer you do what you think you need to do and I'll do the same" Lisa said before turning around and slamming the door so hard it rattled before leaving.

I sighed in fustration, I can't believe how fast that conversation just went from bad to worst in two point five seconds. I know Lisa hates me right now but I panicked and had to do what I thought was necessary at the momment. I just hoped it hasn't backfired on me and just pushed her further away from me.

"Mister Blake I have your father on line two" I groaned and looked over at my phone and sighed even harder. This is not what I need right now.

"Ok thanks Chole I got it" I said through the intercome phone. I reluctantly press the line to put my father through

"Hello father" i said

" what is this I hear from Cassandra that you refuse to speak to her" My father said with his heavy accent coming through. Its just like him to get straight to the point. I wasn't suprise Cassandra would run and play the parent card knowing that both our parents are close friends and want us to be together anyway.

"Well I see news travels fast" I said sarcasticly

"Don't get smart..." He said in a flat tone "just answer the question"

"I didn't refuse to speak to her I just refuse to speak about us getting back in a relationship anything else she wants to talk about I'll be more than happy to listen" I answered

"And why want you speak to her about a relationship. I never really understood why you guys want get back together anyway. I think....."

"Father!" I said cutting him off "You don't understand because you don't want to. Cassandra and I will never be together I told you she cheated on me and not only that I just don't love her....never really did"

I heard my father sigh on the other end of the phone. "Son sometimes you have to overlook some things for the greater good of the whole picture. Money marries money thats the way it has been and thats the way it is now"

"I will not marry for anything less than love" I said

"There are other women you can have a mistress" He said back like it was nothing

"Father how can you say that! You love mom and wouldn't dream of seeing another women. Dont you think I deserve the same thing? Don't you think I deserve to have the women I marry not only be the mother of my children but the love of my life as well" I replied my voice raising