Legolas sister!reader xMeludir- Brother

A/N: This is my first oneshot I've ever posted! I also am an only child so this is basically me exploring a brother-sister dynamic. I would love to hear your thoughts on how you think did!
* * * * * * *

"There you are!" Legolas shouted as he ran up to you. "I've been looking for you everywhere! I heard (F/N) say that you wanted to go out into the forest, and I would feel better if someone went with you."

"Thank's 'Las, but I'm already going with Meludir."

"Perfect! I'll go with you!" He shouted joyously. "I'll make sure you both are protected!"

"He's more than a good fighter, little Leaf."

"No he's not. He can barely hold a sword!"

"He's bested you!"

"That was one time! And over a century ago!"

"That last week!"

"It was a fluke! I got distracted by... by Tauriel!"

"You tripped, and she was on patrol. On the other side of Mirkwood!"

"Do you know how much worse he's gotten, and how much I've improved since then? You would NOT believe it!"

"I wouldn't believe it because it's not true!"

"Yes it is! And he's never fought spiders before! Only elves, who are not trying to kill him!" his tone was getting grander and grander the more he went on "unlike me, who has raided countless nests and made our lands safe. And what does he do? He sits and trains and writes reports."

"Well it sounds like he should be the one fighting, and you should be the one writing those awful reports!"

He gasped.

"You take that back right now!!!!!!!"

"NEVER!!" You shouted as you ran down the hall to your room, and closed the door in Legolas' face before he could catch you, quickly locking it. The doorknob rattled before his footsteps finally moved into the distance.

After taking off your delicate circlet, you changed into black leggings and a loose shirt. You grabbed a dagger and concealed it in your boot. Your brother was right, you do like to go deep into the forest. So deep that that's where the spiders were beginning to lurk more and more through the years.

You leave your room and walk to the gates, by the time you arrive your brother is already talking with Meludir. You can tell your love is intimidated by Legolas, yet he made no effort to look away from Legolas' burning eyes.

They immediately looked your way when they sensed you coming. Legolas grabbed you by the arm and backed you up— away from Meludir.

Annoyed, you look at him as if to ask what the hell he was doing.

"Do you have your daggers?" He asked lowly.

You role your eyes, is he even your brother? The answer should be obvious. "Of course."

"If he tries anything. Anything. Slit his throat. Hide the body. Tell me. I'll cover for you. And remember, spiders did it, not you. Got it?"

"Got it." You say as you try to hold your giggle, knowing he's only half joking. Satisfied with your answer he glared at Meludir, nodded to you, and walked away.

"What did he say?" Meludir asked nervously as you walked up to him.

"Nothing to worry about mell*"

He eyed you skeptically. "Are you sure?"

"Of course. Now come on!" You said as you grabbed his hand and dragged him out the gates and into the forest.

* * * * * * *
Mell- Sindarin- meaning dear.