𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐢𝐧𝐠-𝐉𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐭𝐭🪐

Start from the beginning

"Are you alright? You went from listening to suddenly busy. Am I taking up your time?"

"God, I'm sorry, Mia. I just realized I had a small problem on my hands that I really need to get to... do you mind if I call you back later so we can continue what we were talking about?" Y/n let out a soft groan as they had begun to look into the couch cushions, the phone being balanced on their shoulder as they spoke.

"yeah, of course. Call me if you need any help with that problem."

"Yeah, alright. Bye."

As soon as the call ended, they placed their phone down on the coffee table, continuing to search for the small band.

Y/n didn't want anything to happen to their mother's jewelry. They saw the way their mother gushed over each item, whether it was just a silver band or a bedazzles necklace, each one held an important memory.

As time passed on, Y/n continued to tear up their flat, looking for any sign of where the ring could have possibly gone. They needed to find the ring before their mother got home, they just needed to. Every moment that passed, Y/n had become more and more anxious. They could only imagine the disappointment their mother would feel from finding out they lost her ring.

Just then, a decent idea had popped into Y/n's mind. Going back to the coffee table, they had decided to call someone to come over and help them.

From hearing a knock on their front door, Y/n hurried to open it. In the doorway stood their boyfriend, James.

"J, I'm so nervous. I didn't mean to lose the ring, it just disappeared! I'm positive I cleaned it up with the rest of the jewelry!" Y/n tossed themself into his arms, burying their face into his chest.

"It's alright, Y/n... calm down, I'm going to help you sort this all out," James cooed softly, rocking back and forth as he held them close. James knew Y/n had terrible anxiety, something like this could make them an emotional wreck. For a few moments they stood there, James rubbing circles on their back as he waited for their breathing to relax back to a normal pace.

"Thank you, James," Y/n sighed, looking up at their boyfriend, continuing to hold onto him.

"Don't thank me yet," he chuckled, looking down at his partner. "We haven't even started on searching yet."

The couple had soon got to work, looking for the ring. James had asked Y/n multiple questions about the piece of jewelry. What did it look like? Where did Y/n last see it? Could they remember if they actually put it into the jewelry box or not?

As Y/n searching more frantically while making things a mess, James would tidy up and be more careful, making sure to examine spot Y/n quickly looked over. As time had gone past, Y/n continued to lose hope.

"I'm a fucking failure," they mumbled, crashing onto the couch, hiding their face in the palms of their hands.

"Don't say that, Y/n. We'll find the ring eventually, don't worry," while speaking, Jame shad noticed his phone had started to buzz. He was getting a phone call. "I'll be right back."

"Sure, whatever," his partner huffed, refusing to remove their face from their hands.

James walked into the kitchen, reading the caller ID. 'Mrs. L/n.' This could either end really well or very poorly. Hitting the 'accept call' button, he placed his phone to his ear.

"Hello, Mrs. L/n," he spoke in a sweet tone. Y/n's parents loved james, they had always seen him as a respectable young man that was just perfect for Y/n.

"Hello, James. I was hoping I could stop by your flat today?"

"Unfortunately, I'm not at my flat right now. I'm with Y/n, we're sort of... working on something together," the brunette replied as he brushed a hand through his hair. He took a glance out into the living room, Y/n was in the exact same position he left them in.