Eighteen.

[18]

A concussion and a few broken ribs.

That was all Jade had, and the doctor said she would be fine as long as she didn't do too much. She would have to stay in the hospital for a few more days, but she was fine. She was going to be fine.

Bella had been majorly confused about all that was happening. She just wanted to see her mama, she didn't care about the details.

The young girl was becoming more and more frustrated when she wasn't allowed to see Jade. The doctor had said no visitors at the moment- she needed to rest. But Bella didn't care, she wanted to see her mother.

Beck's eyes had acquired dark circles underneath them, caused by how utterly exhausted he was. He hadn't slept a wink, and though he was very much tired, he wouldn't dare fall asleep.

Cat on the other hand, had fallen asleep in the chair, not relaxed but asleep. The red head still blamed herself for Jade's accident, even though Beck had assured her that it wasn't her fault.

Bella looked around the hospital, anxious to see Jade. The young girl was tired as well, but couldn't bring herself to fall asleep like Cat had managed to do. She was too scared. Scared that if she fell asleep, she'd miss the chance to see her mama.

Beck knew waiting in the waiting room was a waste of time- even the doctor had suggested he'd go home and get some sleep and come back later that day, considering it was seven A.M. at the moment. But he wasn't going to leave, not when he knew Jade was recovering in a room right down the hall.

He had tried to convince Bella multiple times to go to sleep and get some rest, but the girl was way too stubborn, much like her mother. She wasn't going to do anything she didn't want to do- you couldn't force her.

The waiting was long and boring, especially for Bella, who had no idea what to do other than watch the TV playing football in the corner of the waiting room. She was a little kid, but she already knew she hated sports.

She had noticed Beck tapping his fingers anxiously against the armrests of the waiting room chairs, his eyes bloodshot due to how exhausted he was. He just wanted to go home and get some sleep, like the doctor had insisted he'd do, but he knew that he couldn't. He could stay awake for a few more hours if he had to. It would be worth it, he knew that much.

Losing a few hours of sleep wasn't the end of the world. Losing Jade however, definitely was.

But at least that didn't happen. She was okay, and there was nothing more to worry about.

But if something were to happen to her, worse than what had actually happened, he had no idea what he would do.

He couldn't lose her. Not now. Not ever.

And Bella couldn't lose her either.

It's too much for a child to lose a family member, especially a parent. And especially if the child didn't understand the meaning of death yet. It could be easy, since they didn't understand. But they'd understand when they got older, and that certainly wouldn't be good.

And Bella couldn't lose her mother. Not when the young girl so desperately needed her, more than ever.

Bella needed both of her parents. Her mother and her father. There wasn't supposed to be one without the other. The two were supposed to be inseparable, and although it obviously didn't turn out that way, the girl still couldn't help but wish there was still hope for them all.

And maybe, just maybe, she could finally get what she wanted after all.

A family.

-----

Just a short little filler chapter!

Comment your thoughts please! What do you wish would happen in the next chapters?

Until next time!
~Izzy