Seven.

[7]

"Daddy?" Beck's eyes widened, looking back between Jade and Bella, refusing to believe what he had just heard.

"Yes, Beck," Jade let out a breath. "You have a child."

Bella looked between her mother and supposedly her father, surprised but happy. She had a dad, like all the other kids at her school.

"No," he shook his head. "No, no, no. I don't. She's not mine. She is not my child. You're lying."

"Look at her and say that again," Jade scowled. "She's the spitting image of you, Beck."

"No, I don't believe it," he gulped. "There was someone else. You had to have sex with someone else because this child is not my child."

"Bella," Jade started calmly. "Go up to your room please."

"But- "

"Now."

Bella huffed and trudged upstairs, and Jade turned back to Beck furiously.

"I did not have sex with anyone else," she narrowed her eyes at him. "Only you. You're the one who didn't put on a damn condom and got me pregnant. She is your daughter whether you like it or not."

"You cannot just present me with a child and expect me not to freak out!" He yelled, his heart racing. "I am not going to just except the fact that I have a kid! I have a girlfriend back in LA, who I love, and I'm pretty sure she won't be happy with the fact that I have a kid that I never knew about!"

"I don't care about your damn girlfriend," Jade huffed angrily. "I understand that you're upset, and you have every right to be. But if you aren't going to except the fact that you have a daughter, you can get the hell out of my house right now."

"No," he sighed, stressfully running his fingers through his hair. "No. I-I can except it. But I'm just shocked, Jade. When were you planning on telling me that I have a daughter?"

"Never," she said honestly. "But now you know. Her name is Bella, and she turned five yesterday."

"I'm her father, and I didn't even get to spend a single birthday with her?"

"You didn't know she existed."

"Because you never told me about her!"

"Look, I'm sorry, okay?" She sighed heavily. "Five years ago, I called my mom to bail me out of the hospital. And I went back home with her. But then I started puking, and I took a pregnancy test, and it was positive. I was pregnant. I didn't know what to do. But I couldn't tell you because I didn't know if you wanted kids and we were such a messed up couple and I knew this wasn't going to work and- "

"Hey, hey," he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked down at her. "I'm not mad. I'm just upset that you never told me sooner. This is a lot to take in, Jade. I don't know what you expect me to do."

"Nothing, I guess," she shrugged. "You don't want kids. We're not together anymore. You have a girlfriend back in LA. There's nothing you can do."

"I still want to be in her life, Jade," Beck said. "She needs her father around. I want to be able to spend time with her, and get to know her. She's my daughter."

"Our daughter," she mumbled softly.

He nodded. "Our daughter."

Just then Jade saw a head peek from the top of the staircase, and she groaned.

"Bella, get down here now!"

Bella pouted and headed downstairs over to her mother. "I just wanted to know what was going on."

"You didn't have to eavesdrop on us," Jade sighed, ruffling her hair as Beck got a better view of his daughter.

Jade was right, she was a spitting image of him.

He then crouched down like Jade had done earlier, and Bella turned around to face him.

"Hey Bells," he smiled softly at her. "I'm your daddy. But you don't have to call me that if you don't want to. You can call me Beck if you want."

Bella smiled brightly at him, before throwing her arms around him, causing Beck to laugh in surprise.

Jade watched the scene before her and smiled. Maybe things would be alright after all.

-----

I feel like I'm portraying Bella older than she actually is... I guess you can say she's more mature than other kids her age? Idk.

Also, And Then Came Him just reached #1 in Victorious! Yayyy!

Anyways, make sure to comment your thoughts! What would you want to happen next?

Until next time!
~Izzy