Seventeen.

[17]

Beck had been driving for four hours now, while Bella had fallen asleep in her carseat. But Jade was nowhere to be seen.

He was growing tired himself, and he debated on whether just going back home or not. It was now five A.M., the sun slowly rising as the sky still remained dark, but not pitch black.

He was now driving along an empty road, his eyes slowly drooping. He snapped back awake as he realized he was still driving.

He honestly didn't even know where he was going anymore, he was just driving around, looking for any place that Jade might've gone.

But he didn't see her anywhere.

He just hoped she was safe.

A thought then immediately grasped his mind, and he was shocked he didn't think of it before.

He turned his car around and drove to a house he recognized the numbers on, and parked next to the curb. He stepped out of the car, deciding to leave Bella in the car, not wanting to wake her up. He would only be on the doorstep, anyway, where he could still see her.

He knocked up on the door and a sleepy Cat answered it, her eyes immediately widening as she saw the Canadian standing in front of her.

"Beck!" She squealed, wrapping her arms around him and squeezing him tightly.

Beck softly laughed at her actions. "Hey kitty cat. How've you been?"

"Good," the red head giggled softly. "Robbie and I are living together now. But he's sleeping. So don't wake him up. Whatcha here for?"

"Did Jade come here by any chance?" Beck asked, his voice hopeful.

Cat nodded. "Yeah. But she left not too long ago. I dunno where she went."

Beck sighed heavily. "Okay. Thanks Cat."

"I can help you look for her if you want," the red head shrugged, slipping on some bunny slippers. "I think she might've went to the park down the street or something like that. That was where she used to go, anyway."

Beck nodded. "Okay. Let's go."

Cat followed him out the door and into his car, a gasp slipping from her lips as she saw Bella asleep in the back.

"Oh my gosh, are you babysitting now?"

"Sure," Beck nodded, starting up the car and driving away from the house. "Permanent babysitting."

Cat giggled and Beck saw the park, but he didn't see Jade anywhere. He continued driving forward, the roads empty and trees overlapping the small courses of land there had been, close to the small park.

He was about to turn back around, but his eyes then noticed a black car flipped over in the small woods, pretty far away.

His brows furrowed in confusion and he got out of the car, telling Cat to stay inside with Bella. He descended towards the car and his heart stopped as he realized whose car it belonged to.

He knew damn well he couldn't flip the car back over, though he really wished he could. Instead he had to slowly open the front side door, the sight filling him with with dread and fear.

His fingers instantly grasped for the seatbelt- before realizing she wasn't wearing one. He cursed under his breath, his hand pressed against her chest to check for a heart beat.

There wasn't one.

His anxiety shot through the roof as he pulled out his phone to dial nine-one-one, just to find out he had no service there where he was. He decided to take matters into his own hands, gently pulling her out of the car and lifted her up into his arms.

There were a few cuts and bruises here and there, but she didn't look too bad. But it didn't matter how she looked if she wasn't breathing.

He hurried back to the car, placing her in the backseat with Cat, whose eyes immediately began filling with tears.

"This is all my fault," she whimpered, putting her face in her hands as Beck started rushing to the hospital.

"What do you mean?" Beck swallowed thickly, his eyes staring into the rearview mirror to check on Jade.

"I said mean things to her and she left and then she got into a car accident," Cat explained quietly, tears spilling from her brown eyes. "And it's my fault!"

"It's not your fault," Beck replied, letting out a shaky sigh as he drove as quick as he could to the hospital. "She wasn't wearing a seatbelt. I checked."

"A seatbelt doesn't refrain accidents from happening!"

"I know." His knuckles turned white from his hard his grip was on the steering wheel. "But it's still not your fault that it happened."

He then pulled into the parking lot of the hospital, getting out quickly and rushing Jade inside, while Cat lifted Bella up from her carseat, the young girl still asleep.

Paramedics immediately pulled Jade away from Beck, telling him and Cat to go take a seat in the waiting room. If another person said that one more time, Beck swore he was going to lose his chiz.

Bella then woke up right as Cat sat her down in the seat next to her, blinking a few times to adjust her eyes to the bright lighting.

"Why are we at the hospital?" The girl questioned as she looked around, not familiar with the people in white coats rushing around and other people needing medical treatment.

"Mama's hurt," Beck explained as calmly as he could do the young girl wouldn't freak out. "But we'll be able to see her soon. She'll be okay."

But he couldn't help but feel as if he couldn't be more wrong.

-----

Those of you begging for a happy ending...damn...

Haha jk. You just gotta wait and see.

Comment your thoughts please! Do you think Jade will be okay?

Until next time!
~Izzy