[Undertale - Essays]

Start from the beginning

Taking the invitation, he plopped down on to the seat, sipping the water in his hand. "I'm Sans."

The boy in question has a dark gray tank top, typically overlapped with his blue and white letterman jacket. What? I'm observant.

Black sweatpants with a white stripe covered his lower half, with running shoes laced under that. Black fingerless gloves with electric blue zigzags lined his knuckles.

I raised my eyebrows. "I know. We have classes together."

He took surprise at this, "We do?" The shock turned into thoughtfulness. "So that's why you're familiar. What's you're name?"

Sans turned to me in expectance. "Oh! Well, uh, I'm Frisk." The boy's face split into a charming grin. "Cool."

We sat in a slightly awkward silence, minding our own business.

My companion turned to me, "Did you finish the persuasive essay for English?" I frowned in return, "Yeah, I finished it in class earlier this week."

He looked at me with bewilderment, "Already?"

"Yes..?" Sans sighed, "Uh, can you help me? I suck at English."

An amused smile, edging on an uncharacteristic smirk, flickered at my face. He huffed in response, "Don't give me that, English is difficult! Algebra and Physics are much easier for me."

The grin only widened.

"S-Shut up." "I didn't say anything."

Sans sighed disgruntled. A soft giggle escaped my lips, until I said in a much kinder tone, "Okay, what do you need help with?"

He lit up and pulled out some used notebook paper. By then, all traces of mischievousness were erased from my expression.

Handing me the papers, which were compiled messily and marked with consecutive numbers in the top corners, Sans began to explain. "I already wrote everything, but I don't know how to edit it. I need to type it up later and print it after that."

I skimmed over the pages. There were a few noteworthy things. The title was written as a question, many spelling errors were made, some were corrected with scratched-on red pen ink, some went unnoticed. Many grammar mistakes were spotted, the structure was overall very patchy, and the ending sounded unresolved. Sigh. We have a lot to do.

"Alright," I began, "First off, the title isn't professional at all." My finger tapped the large letters, "Instead of a question, you could state the topic. Use my essay title for example. I used 'High School Mental Health' instead of 'Should Schools Educate Students About Mental Health?' Do you understand what I mean?"

Sans nodded.

"For you, 'Why Should Schools Offer More Sport Choices?' could instead be 'Sport Variety' or, in a more journalistic headline-like approach, 'There's More Than Just Mainstream Sports'. I think the first one would be better in your essay."

He wrote down the new title, as I continued to rattle off an explanation. About ten minutes passed and we corrected the majority of the essay, giving a few more pointers for later editing.

Another silence had settled between us, with Sans editing on his own and me reading my book.

"You doing alright?" I asked. He mumbled a small agreement, concentrated on his pencil, and noted much louder, "You're good at writing."

This took me by surprise, "Oh! Thanks." The skeleton paused his scribbling and looked up, "No, like unnaturally good at it. How do you even know this stuff?"

How did I learn?

"Well I write sometimes in my spare time, but it came naturally. I guess I read so many books that I understood the flow of it, or something."

Sans snorted at the ending sentence. "Nerd." "Even though you're right, shush."

The conversation carried on to more casual banter. Quickly, time passed, and the bell rang.

He stood up quickly, hissing under his breath. "Oh cr- Sorry, I have to go. My friends expected me back before the bell." I felt a rush of disappointment. It was... nice to talk to someone else. Someone like Sans. He swiftly grabbed his things, sprinted down the steps, stuffed them into his bag, and stopped at the gate.

I had already begun to gather my own possessions, though placing them much more neatly in my backpack. Sans' voice called from below. "Um, will you be here tomorrow? And can I sit with you again?"

A soft smile found its way to my face. I shouted back, "Yeah, I will be. I'm here every day. Though, shouldn't you be sitting with your friends?"

"One, they'll be fine. I usually don't talk often at lunch anyway. I can say I'm practicing or something. Two," I could practically hear his smirk, though it had a much softer undertone,

"Who says you're not my friend?"

My breath hitched at that. Realizing I had to reply, I said, "Yeah, you can join me tomorrow, you dork. Now go, you're going to be late enough as it is."

He ran off. I may or may not have heard a triumphed "Yes!" be yelled somewhere farther away. I faintly smiled. Idiot dork.

Glad to have a new friend, I finished cleaning up, but my mind was still on the silly skeleton.

Perhaps this would be the start of a beautiful friendship.

However, I ignored my rapidly beating heart, my blushed face, and that swelling feeling in my chest.

...Maybe even more than friendship.

So, a Nerd!Frisk x Jock!Sans oneshot! :3

This was requested by kawaii_trash180 so, I hope you liked it! Like I've said before, if you're unhappy with it, I am willing to rewrite it.

To be honest, I'm not very happy with the oneshot myself, but meh.

Not much to say here, so yeah.

Bye everyone! Stay safe!

~Wolfie
-1552 words-