[Echotale - Comfort]

Frisk P.O.V.

"Heh, well, you stay here while I go get some groceries, okay doll?" My roommate said, hunching over to put on his black combat boots. "Uh-huh, you do that, G." I mumbled back while concentrating on my book. "Bye."
Soon, I heard a small snap echo the room, and then silence.

Knowing G's lazy personality, inherited from Sans, I evaluated that he teleported. It wasn't hard to piece together.

I got back to reading my book. It was awfully short, and I finished up quickly. Then, I sighed. What to do now...

So I sat there and thought. I wonder how G is dealing with all that has happened... the broken timeline... the last reset... it's your fault you know.

I sat upright. That voice... Chara..? Hehehe, didn't think you'd remember me, partner.

What do you want? I won't let you kill them again. You say that like you didn't kill them out of your free will. I did nothing. But, besides that, I am here to answer your little question.

What do you mean? Let's just go back a few months, eh? My vision faded to a familiar one.

Where am I? Is this... Snowdin? Why is G on the roof of that station?

G sighed. "That was a joke, kid." Wait... this seems familiar..!

He continues talking, "I pretend smoking calms me down... I'd offer you a cig, but..."

Suddenly, he jumps off the roof and sits across from me. "-it wouldn't really suit you." He thought. "Sooo... you need comforting, huh? What else can I do..."

G then put his foot against mine. I watched as the old memory replayed. Past Me looked up, shocked. "How 'bout this?"

Past Me just kept looking at him. "Better?" G asked. When I didn't respond, he sighed again. "I remember we used to do this... well... he... used to. You liked it."

Past Me looked down, my bangs covering my eyes. Then, she mumbled, "...P-Please, don't do that..."

G facepalmed himself while looking annoyed. "...Tch. Right. Sorry... Another thing that's only between you 'n my 'better half'. Wow. So ya want the cig after all? Because..." His voice trailed off.

He looked up, making a startled noise when I fidgeted and said while cupping my forehead in my hands. "Sheesh... don't get me wrong again... i-it's not really... because of Sans... uh... Just... it was... okay... When... Sans did that when I was a kid... a... real kid..." Geez, I paused a lot. Must've looked like a dork. Not my best moment.

Past Me continued, louder this time. "But it's kinda' weird when you do these things so... uh... suddenly..."

G nodded, thoughtful for a moment as he continued smoking, "Oh? Okay?" His stupid smirk was still present as he talked. "How about lullin' ya to sleep my way then?"

By then, he had cornered me, placing a hand next to my head on the wall. He looked at my surprised blushing face.

I tried to confidently remark back. "Sure, since you are oozing sympathy... you can throw me a piece of it... if... you... dare."

G's smirk grew wider. "Wow, what an icy block we have here. But your face is burnin'... hehe... If you'd fall asleep now, you'd probably have a... uuuh... different kind of nightmare?" He chuckled,