[Undertale - Essays]

Sans P.O.V.

"Sorry guys, I already ate. I'm going to go practice at the track." I called out to my friends, who were heading to the courtyard for lunch. Parting from the group's responses, I began to make my way to the field.

I took the long route so I could observe in the scenery. The route made me feel at peace, so it was a favorite of mine to take.

The high school I went to was quite nice, admittedly. Yellow flowers were planted along the sidewalk, some destroyed by students accidentally stepping on them. Vines were neatly trimmed on the maroon brick walls and a colorful student-made mural was splattered across a blank wall. The gardening and art club seemed to have done a collaboration, resulting in this aesthetically pleasing place.

Farther past the path, the metal fences were much more modern, being decorated by the coaches and athletes. A poster was unfurled, hung on the back of the bleachers. Many sport terms were overlapped on the black canvas in a blatant in a multi-hued font, and an outline of a person running beside them.

I finally swung open the gate and tossed my backpack against the railing frame. Setting down my jacket, water bottle, among other things, I began running.

After one and a half miles of jogging, I took a break.

I decided to sit in the bleachers and eat a snack. As I stepped up the stairs with a sandwich in hand, I spotted a girl curled up in the top right corner. Who's that? She looks kind of familiar...

Light brown hair fell down in her ponytail, barely scraping the girl's shoulders. Circular glasses framed her eyes. She sported a mauve t-shirt, pale blue jeans, and very light mint green sneakers, which were scuffed in many places and olden.

She was reading a book, about halfway through. Uh... should I say something? It'd be awkward if I didn't. Yeah...

I cleared my throat, "Hey."

Frisk P.O.V.

I could be found at the top of the bleachers at lunch every day. It's not like I didn't have friends, I just preferred the alone time. Reading and eating as I pleased, all in complete silence, was nice.

Then, while I was immersed in my book, I saw a skeleton at the entrance of the gate. No, my silence! I silently pouted.

They put down their things and took off running laps. Is that Sans..? Squinting my eyes, I could see it was.

Sans, a popular jock in our grade. He was in half of my classes. Unlike some of his friends, he didn't disrupt the class often. I appreciated that. He wasn't that bad, the male was kind and funny. I actually didn't mind his presence.

Well, I didn't mind until he interrupted my quietness.

I had gone back to reading, ignoring him, until I heard it.

"Hey."

I jumped at the low voice. Um? My glasses nearly fell off, so I positioned them back in place.

The person I was ignoring sat in front of me. Sans held a plastic bag with a sandwich, his water bottle, and his hoodie.

Quite startled, I squeaked out a response. "Y-Yes? Can I help you?"

Sans shrugged. "Kind of? I was just taking a break from running, and wanted to talk to someone as I ate." He then frowned. "Am I bothering you? Sorry, I'll leave you alone if I am."

I considered this. ...What's the harm of talking to him..? Blatantly overlooking all the possible ways this could go wrong, I reluctantly shifted my feet over so he could sit.

•Frisk x Sans Oneshots• ~REQUESTS CLOSED~ ~ON HIATUS~जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें