Chapter 6

Chapter 6

When the others arrived at Logan's door, I knew my face was redder than the darkest cherry. As the feathers fell down around me, I glared with everything I had at Logan, who was still rolling with laughter. The sound was reverberating off the walls and making it extremely hard to stay mad at him.

"Tor?" David called, trying to contain his own amusement.

"What?" I snapped, not bothering to take my eyes off of Logan, who still hadn't settled down any.

"What happened?" my best friend asked tentatively, his tawny eyes roaming over every inch of the feather-covered room.

"He hit me!" I exclaimed, pointing at the other pack's Alpha who seemed to finally be sobering up.

"Oh, c'mon now, Torian," Logan jeered, snagging me by the waist and carefully pulling me into him. Thankfully, he was so gentle about it that my leg was fine.

"Don't even start with me," I growled. "It was him," I told David, poking Logan in the chest for good measure. "I was apparently being 'uncooperative', so he figured it would be okay to throw a pillow at me. I threw one back, and then when he went to hit me again, it exploded," I explained, all the while trying to wriggle out of Logan's arms.

It wasn't working because he was just holding me tighter the harder I fought. "Just calm down, Ma Vie," he murmured, speaking only loud enough for me to hear.

His voice seemed to trigger a reaction in me that I wasn't very fond of. My body instantly relaxed and fell willingly into his warm embrace. Sighing, I admitted defeat to myself for the time being and nestled in closer to him. I could practically feel his smile as his arms relaxed until they were just resting across my abdomen. If I was being honest with myself, I was extremely comfortable, and it was nice. But I knew that it would never last.

"Tor!" Ashlyn snapped, drawing my attention to her.

"What?" I sheepishly asked.

Her eyes narrowed at Logan and me, but she didn't comment on it. "How much longer do you think your leg has?" she questioned.

"I should be able to get up the day after tomorrow," I said. And freedom was right around the corner.

Logan tensed up beneath me as if he could read my mind. "Why do you ask?" he directed his question as Ashlyn, but I knew he was on the same page as I was. Once this wrap was off, I was gone.

"Because I want to know when we're leaving," she bluntly told him.

My eyes traveled to David as Logan and Ashlyn began to bicker. He looked torn. He knew I was dead set on leaving, but his mate was here and he actually wanted her. I would never ask him to leave her or for Rikki to leave her pack and come with us. Which only left one option, David was going to stay here. The thought brought tears to my eyes. He was like a brother to me. How was I going to function without him?

"Tor?" he asked just then, his tawny eyes raising to meet mine. When he saw that I was on the brink of crying, he crossed to the bed and kneeled down in front of me. "Jesus, Tor. What's wrong?" he whispered, cradling my face in his hands.

"Nothing, Dave," I muttered, shaking my head.

"I'm calling bullshit," he told me, forcing me to meet his eyes. "Now tell me what's wrong," he ordered, the ever-overprotective side of him beginning to surface.