Chapter 48 - Preparing for the Deep Freeze (4)

Start from the beginning

----

Aria met John and Alex as they came in. John handed over the ring to Aria and they walked to the office. How can Aria allow this opportunity to pass?

With Alex was walking close as they made their way to the office to meet with the managers and General Zhou, the real Aria was inside her grow space frantically copying every single machine that was saved inside. The scene was very hectic.

A ship appears, Aria touches it, it disappears. The process lasted a few seconds.

There were over 500 machineries inside so Aria had S3 only identify the ones she doesn't have. So 60 random machines were copied in less than 3 minus. Then Art had to jump in and ask to copy some of the cooler mechs he liked.

The walk from when Aria's summoned clone received the ring to when they arrived at the office was 2 minutes. Aria copied 120 machines, half of which were on Art's "we must have this!" list.

Handing the ring back to John, they all entered the office. Aria came in last as she switched place with the clone and closed the door. She sat at the head of the table, with 2 managers on each side while the General sat directly across from her with his son sitting down by his side.

Now that Aria got copies of what she wanted from the military's space, including fuel, weapons, and many high tech stuff- she got bored, her mind drifting off.

---

John: "I have discussed with MG Zhou that we will take care of the storage fee up front first. This will be for unlimited use of the storage facility. We require payments up front for each month. Today is October 13th. The next payment will be on November 13th."

General Zhou: "How can this be so expensive? MG Zhou, is this price accurate?"

MG Alex: "Yes, General. It's correct and this amount is acceptable. I have seen the storing conditions and it is excellent. No one would be able to access it or steal it. And there is still more space for us to store the rest of everything we left behind. Trust me, General. It's worth every penny."

General Zhou signed the bill and paid for the month's rental. John shook hands with the General and the MG after the payment went through. The ring was secretly passed back to Alex when they shook hands.

To confirm everything was still there, Alex sent his consciousness into the ring to check. All are still there.

David: "Next on the agenda, we will be collecting rent from the civilians the same way as well. We have separated the civilian quarters from the military so that civilians cannot easily access the military side for safety reasons..."

Joseph: "Psych evaluations are required once a week from everyone... Military will have access to the military personnel's information while the Artemis Group will have the civilians'...

David: "Next we have store pricing..."

General Zhou: "I understand supply and demand will affect the prices, but..."

David: "No one is stopping you from continuing to prepare resources for your own men..."

Melanie: "Each civilian is required to have 1 hour of physical activity once a day and 30 minutes quiet time outside the base..."

David: "List of jobs that are open. We have almost 5,000 on the base. We need to keep the civilians busy and occupied..."

Melanie: "Schooling and education will be required for those under 18. Those attending college are required to continue their schooling... teaching robots from all levels of education..."