Chapter 37 - Kal Zhang

September 15, 3031 - Country C, City CC

Unaccustomed to being close to someone enough to be held, Aria stabilized her body and moved away from the stranger's embrace before throwing over a word of thanks.

Aria: "Thank you."

The first thing that Aria thought was that the man was tall, coming in at 6'1". He was dressed in a dark pair of slacks and a black long sleeved shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His chest and shoulders were wide, his body slim and tight under the fabric.

Very nice. Aria was a little happy inside to see such a yummy looking eye candy unexpectedly. Her mind hoped his face would be as handsome as his body as her eyes swept up to his face.

He was more handsome than she'd expected. His face was beautifully handsome with a sharp jawline, his lips soft and his nose straight and high. His eyebrows dark and thick framing cold dark eyes. The man has a beautiful otherworldly aura, like he is untouched by the normal hardships of daily life and relationships.

Still, a handsome man.

Tsk. Too bad good looking people are not good to have around during the ZA. Once society collapses, morals and ethics soon fly out the windows once the land becomes lawless. Good looking people were either easily gobbled up by those more powerful who covet their looks, use their looks for personal gains of wealth and power, or if they are powerful then would be the main subject for others fighting over them.

But it's well known that good looking people during the ZA are all troublesome.

Aria's quickly threw away the momentary automatic yearning she had to possess beautiful things and quickly got her mind back to reality and assessed the situation.

The bathroom is now blocked with the crowd of females screaming in fear. Everyone was running away from the group of 'bad guys' who were almost upon them. The crowd became more chaotic as they jostled everyone around them. Aria was knocked once again onto the man and his group, her body squeezed to his side. Even though she doesn't feel much pain since her body has been enhanced with the system cleanse and the gold ability, she is still annoyed by being touched.

The man's group consisted of 3 other people, 2 strong looking men and a shorter thinner young man standing on the other side. Each strong looking man immediately positioned himself in front and back of the more handsome man. They both glanced down at Aria and were about to forcefully move her away from their boss when they were stopped by him and urged to deal with the more urgent situation ahead.

A dozen figures clad in matching dark attire and dark helmets that covered their whole face appeared in front of the group. Since Aria didn't know what was going on, she didn't want to take the chance of taking out any weapons which would alarm the surrounding people.

One person from the group immediately threw a small disc right in front of Aria's group and pressed a button. A flash went off and everyone within the 10 feet radius of that disc was momentarily stunned and fell down to the ground including Aria.

Aria's body was still pressed to the large male's side when the flash happened. The male's arm naturally held onto Aria by his side as they fell, his eyes widened in worry at the fact that he was leaning towards her during the fall which will result in the majority of his weight on her.

But nothing could be done and they both fell down, his body partially on top of hers. To outsiders, the angle of their body looked like he was protecting her of danger.

Aria: ...

Aria: What the f* was that?! Did they just tased me?

Aria became angry at the thought that these a*holes just showed up and tased her out of nowhere!