Chapter 35

The hours that followed after Charles' admission, had proved to be tense filled and gruelling for the tots family, the anticipation doubled with anxiety plaguing them like the dark clouds in the sky, masking their fear and desperation with shaking thighs and fingernail gnawing, hoping and praying by the Grace of God that whatever illness he'd been struck with was far from serious.

Alice sat firmly and relaxed into the large leather seat placed by Charles' crib, curled up into a ball, her head hanging off the edge of the leather top and the wooden arm rest holding her up and keeping her from completely slipping off.

She casually drifted in and out of sleep, and based on the slow emerging light purple skies and faint sound of chirping birds,  it was safe to say morning and by default the results of Charles's tests were soon upon them.

Her mind was plagued with thoughts of the ill possibilities of Charles' fate, her heart racing by the second as she feared the worst, but not even the thought of her initiate moment with FP was enough to drown out all of the negativity from her mind, and as she averted her gaze to her sons father sat opposite her, innocently fast asleep in a position that emulated her own, and feeling a mixture of fire filled passion yet gut wrenching guilt, it was clear their forbidden action wasn't leaving her any time soon. It was just a miracle her father had turned up just in time, interrupting them and forcing them back to their harsh reality.

•••

Scorching hot flames rushed through her body as his fingers gracefully glided along her waist, a tingling sensation racing down her spine as the added danger of their dalliance increased the thrill and adrenaline the two felt in the moment.

FP was lost in the sensation of her strawberry flavoured lips, swallowing each and every breath and groan she released as his carnivorous temptation caused him to subconsciously pull her small frame into his body, wanting her as close as possible and not giving a damn who saw.

The squeak of the hospital door hinges and swing of the hallow entrance abruptly interrupted their stolen moment, the two sharply pushing each other off and pulling away, their eyes gaping wide and their guilt manifesting in their tightened lips and shifty movements as Roger stepped into the room, not catching anything he shouldn't have just in time.

"Ali?" Roger wondered in a worry filled tone, glancing over at his sick and helpless grandson in the crib before him as he approached his daughter, instantly wrapping his arms around her and kissing the side of her head. "I'm so sorry I didn't get here sooner. What have the doctors said?"

A light sniffle left her lips before answering. "Not much." Alice croaked disappointingly, wooing a falling tear from her cheek. "He's stable though. They're just doing tests and waiting for results."

"Sir, it's immediate family only. You can't be here." A nurse informed them all in a stern voice as she entered unexpectedly, taking them all by surprise.

Naturally, irritation ripped through him as the nurse stated her orders, he didn't take too kindly to being told what to do in this capacity seeing as it involves his sick grandson, and he felt he had a right to be there.

Sensing her fathers anger in the moment, Alice relaxed her tense stance, unfolding her arms and stepping towards her father. "Dad, she's right. We've gotta follow the rules here."

Roger groaned, narrowing his eye in an unimpressed glare towards the short elder woman before stepping back from his daughter and preparing to leave, but not before laying his eyes on his heartbroken little girl once more, reaching his callused hand to her porcelain cheek bone and wiping a tear away with his thumb. "I'll be right outside, alright."