Chapter 16

Winter had officially hit Riverdale, the end of November marked the not so joyous occasion and the citizens of the quiet New England town had months of rain, fog, sleet, snow and storms to look forward to.

Alice was prepared for it, especially now that she had to think about not just her but her baby.

She had practically wrapped herself up in three sweaters as well as a raincoat as she made her way to school, popping her Walkman on and blocking out the world as she always did.

Strolling calmly down the street with Madonna blaring in her ears, she was was taken by surprise when she spotted the shadow of a figure approach her from behind.

"Hey Alice!" FP chirped when he finally reached her, taken by surprise by her abrupt spin and hands up in defence.

She calmed herself down and took a sigh of relief when she was it was FP.

"God, you scared me!" She exasperated scoldingly as she clutched her chest over her pounding heart.

His eyes widened in surprise and slight guilt as he held his hands up in defence. "Sorry, I just wanted to say hi, see how you were."

She softened up a little, shedding the slight moodiness away, her hormones were so unpredictable at this stage.

"It's okay, I just didn't hear you. What's up?" She questions as she slowly prepares to walk again, he follows her, standing closely by her side.

"I never saw you much over the weekend, just wanted to check on you, both of you." He revealed softly as he looked down at her abdominal area. It stunned him just how much it has grown in the past months. She has a proper little bump and it just made everything so surreal to him.

She rubbed her pultruding stomach as she looked up at him, locking her eyes with his. He had become so considerate and caring throughout this process and it really touched her, to think that the douchey if slightly selfish football jock she had crushed on yet would barely give her the time of day had become a soft and compassionate soon to be Dad in just a matter of months.

"Well, other than forcing me to buy a whole new wardrobe and making me pee every ten minutes we're doing just fine." She answers with a smirk baring her pearly white teeth

He laughed at her statement as the two of them walked further down the street, enjoying each other's conversation.

"So, I told my folks it's a boy." He suddenly announced, wanting to talk more about the baby.

"What did they say?" She questioned looking in his direction with a deeply curious expression.

"Well my old man was pleased, he won't admit it but he was rooting for a boy all along and well he got his wish." He chuckled.

"And your Mom?"

"She was just happy to find out it was healthy and everything was okay, although, don't be surprised if she turns up at your trailer tomorrow with a bunch of freshly knitted blue blankets and sweaters." He giggled as he thought of his mothers over enthusiastic passion for knitting, he knew she was planning on doing so, so he just figured he'd give Alice the heads up, although he found it cute, and he was sure Alice would feel the same.

She nodded in response, imagine the kinds of items Fiona would craft up for her and her future grandson, she was always a caring and considerate woman, it made sense where FP got those traits from, he just had a odd way of showing it.

"Well I'd be grateful for that. Whatever free items I can grab I'll happily take, babies are expensive." She sighed as she rubbed her stomach.

He heard that for sure. He may have been excited about the upcoming arrival but damn was it pricey. He had already been looking for a part time job to help Alice out, knowing that the baby was due in March, they had to stock up on items as quickly as possible and the most they had gotten was a few baby clothing items and a swing they had found at half the price.