Chapter 4

Alice burst through the girls toilets and immediately situated herself by the window sill, resting her backpack on the side and lifting herself up to sit upon it.

She had PE right now and she had no intention of turning up. She was quite content sat at the window sill and working on her writing.

It had been a whole week since she'd discovered she was with child and she kept true to her word by barely acknowledging it and trying Her best to put it at the back of her head. She figured the longer she did the less she'd need to think about it and it would almost be like it wasn't happening.

She knew eventually she'd be unable to hide it but that day wasn't today, right now she just wanted to be at peace with herself.

She was desperately craving a cigarette and all that came to mind was how on earth she was going to go 9 months without these. She pulled one out of her pocket and twirled it around in her hands.

"I hope you're not planning on using that." A mousey voice scolded.

Alice turned her head to see Hermione entering.

She reluctantly put the cigarette down and rolled her eyes.

"Obviously not! Just because you know about my situation doesn't make you my doctor. Don't tell me what to do."

Hermione looked down at her feet nervously before looking back up at Alice. "I was just trying to help."

"Well don't, I've got enough on my plate already." Alice snapped. She didn't mean to come off so rude but she was really trying to forget about her little problem and Hermione wasn't helping.

The raven haired girl fixed the rim of her glasses and slowly approached the blonde opposite her. "You can, totally tell me to shut up if you want but, have you decided what to do?" She enquired.

Alice glared down at her for a little long before finally speaking. "No, I don't. I haven't even told my Dad yet and truth be told, I don't want to think about it until I have to." Alice informed her before getting back to casually glaring out of the bathroom window.

Hermione returns to the sink and distracted by the entrance of Gladys and Penelope Blossom, earning an eye roll from Alice.

Girls like Gladys and Penelope intimidated Hermione but sparked annoyance in Alice. Gladys she could just about tolerate but Penelope was another level of high school evil. She gave Heather Chandler a run for her money.

She tried her best to ignore their incessant giggling and mirror conversation on whatever frivolous and shallow topic they found enjoyment in until a certain topic couldn't be ignored.

"Uhm, Gladys?" Hermione spoke with her hands slightly trembling and her voice shaking. She had auditioned for the schools cheerleading squad last week, she heard it looked good on college applications and she hadn't heard anything back from them yet.

Gladys stopped applying her lipstick in the mirror and shifted her head towards the clearly shy and nervous girl.

"Yes?" She answered as she looked Hermione up and down, Penelope doing the same thing upon hearing the girl speak.

"I- I just wanted to ask you if I made the team? It's just it's been a whole week and-"

"I am pretty busy." Gladys interrupted.

"I understand that, but I was just wondering, because I never got a response back, I figured, maybe you just forgot to tell me?" Hermione stuttered

"Okay, I was hoping to do this more, discreetly, but Penelope and I believe that, you're very, special, but there were girls who were better so unfortunately you didn't make the cut, but there's always next year." Gladys explained to her with bared teeth and an awkward smile before returning back to the mirror, trying her hardest to ignore the defeated look upon Hermione's face