PC │023

【A L V I N】

After that dreadful incident, Lucien ended up driving us to some restaurant so we could have dinner because he heard my stomach grumbling and by his words it apparently sounded like a fucking earthquake.

"Does your ass still hurt?" he questioned after having swallowed his food. 

"I don't think you should be asking me that in public," I noted. "People might misunderstand."

"Let them," he shrugged nonchalantly. "Not like we'd ever see them again anyway."

"Good point," I nodded. "And it doesn't hurt as much anymore but I'm pretty sure I'll have a nasty bruise in the morning."

"That's going to need some ointment," he commented. "Do you want to sleep over tonight as well?" 

"Would you mind if I did?" I questioned curiously. "I might have to go home first to change into some comfortable clothes."

"I wouldn't mind," he admitted. "And I understand, I'll drop you off at your place first and then you can come over whenever you're ready."

"Thank you for today," I said gratefully, pushing my plate away. "We're heading straight home after this?"

"I was going to ask actually," he began, setting the money for the bill on the table before standing up along with me. "If you wanted to go for a little stroll around the neighbourhood. I'm not ready to call it a day yet."

So that's exactly what we did. For the first few minutes he simply drove around the colony whilst 505 by Arctic Monkeys played in the background. We were silent for the entire drive, but with him, the silence was never uncomfortable or menacing in any way. It felt safe

Eventually, he parked his car into his driveway and the both of us stepped out - and then we began our little 'stroll' around the neighbourhood. It was already somewhere around quarter to ten at night, so it was dark outside and there were only a few cars passing by. We stayed in silence for the first few minutes with our shoulders occasionally brushing against each other and our fingers clashing every now and then, but neither of us said a word of complaint against it. 

"Hey, Alvin?" Lucien began in a quiet voice. 

"Yeah?" I questioned, looking up at him in curiosity.

"That star looks like a cockroach," he said with a cheeky grin to which he earned a smack on the arm from me, "I hate you for that. That just about has to be the most traumatic thing that's ever happened to me."

"Lucky for you, I'm the world's best cockroach killer, huh?" he teased, nudging me with his elbow. 

"That you are," I nodded in approval. 

"I tried reaching out to pest control for you," he brought up. "They said they'll check the place out but I didn't hear back from them. They said that there's been a nasty case of bug infestations in some areas."

"That area is my house," I joked. "I understand, but I'm honestly getting tired of waking up and finding some exotic ass creature on my face."

He opened his mouth to respond, however, when I spotted a set of swings in the distance even though it was dark as fuck, I went dashing straight in that direction and hopped onto one of the swings before kicking my feet in the air to push myself forward in an excited manner. 

I could only make out his silhouette in the distance walking over to where I was before I could finally see him clearly again as he occupied the swing next to mine - however he didn't move, he just sat still with his feet rooted to the ground and his head leaning against the chain of the swing. 

"This is oddly romantic," he commented after which I nearly choked on my own spit. 

Would you date him though? 

Why was that question still stuck in my fucking head?

"Have you ever done something like this with a partner?" I questioned curiously before I could stop myself.

"I've never been in a relationship," he admitted. "Never really found the right person. What about you?"

"I've been in a relationship with two people," I confessed with a sigh. "Both went quite well but for some reason the first one fell out of love and the second one just decided that he wasn't into men after eight whole months."

"That must have been horrible, I'm so sorry," he spoke, looking over at me with a sympathetic expression on his face. "When was that?"

"About a year or two ago," I began, slowing down my pace just a little. "I haven't found the right person since then either."

"Let's talk about something else," he suggest upon noticing my expression falter. "You wanna compare the stars again?"

"Sure," I said with a cheeky grin before pointing at a random collection of stars. "If you connect those, they end up looking like your forehead."

"Hey," he gasped before pointing at the sky as well. "If you connect those, they end up looking like the bugs in your home."

"They're going to be gone someday, just you wait," I huffed before averting my gaze to the ground. Then, I stopped. I came to a complete, dead, silent stop.

"Alvin, everything okay?" Lucien questioned, concerned.

I didn't say anything. Instead, I instantly hopped off the swing and went dashing in the other direction. Upon noticing, he let out a sigh and came running right after me before the both of us came to a halt at the side of the road, panting heavily.

"You really ran because of a roach?" he questioned, shaking his head at me in amusement. "You're definitely something."

"I'll take that as a compliment," I stated proudly before the both of us began walking back towards his place. 

"It was meant to be taken as a compliment, silly," he said with a small grin on his face. 

And that was when I came to a conclusion. 

Yes, I would date him. But the real question remained unanswered and would probably remain as such for God only knows how long.

Would he consider dating me?