PC │031

【A L V I N】

The morning after that, Lucien had already awoken before me and left to go to his place and the rest of the day carried on normally with a few random texts exchanged between the both of us - and, before I knew it, the day had already come to an end and it was finally the twenty-third. 

Did I spend two whole hours on choosing the right outfit in hopes of impressing Lucien? Definitely not. 

Did I pick out my favourite perfume for the occasion as well? Definitely not. 

Did I paint my nails specifically for the occasion just because I was meeting Lucien? Definitely not.

Did I spend half an hour in front of the mirror trying to pick out any imperfections? Definitely not.

Did I also style my hair for the first time in forever just to go shopping for a damn Christmas tree? Now why would I do that?

If you're not onto me yet - I did all of the above. 

And I was quite proud yet embarrassed about it at the same time. I felt like a boy in high-school pining over someone I'd probably never even get. However, the night before last night definitely left me with a little bit of hope that maybe, just maybe there could be something between the both of us. 

Fuck, I sound so cheesy. 

He showed up at the time which we had agreed on - that being half past four in the afternoon - and we drove to our destination with his Keshi playlist playing faintly in the background. 

When we finally got there, he even opened the door for me to step out and if that wasn't enough to make me fall for him for the hunderdth time that day, then I don't know what was. Moving on, we spent a decent amount of time wandering around trees that towered over the both of us by at least a thousand feet. In all honesty, it felt like we'd walked into a forest.

"I want a tiny one," Lucien said suddenly, letting his gaze scan every tree in sight whilst having his hands stuffed into the pockets of his coat. Geez, why did he look so good?

"A tiny one?" I questioned, crossing my arms. "Maybe we should ask the man at the gate for help?"

"Good idea," he responded with a nod of approval before the both of us made our way over to said man who stood by the gate with a bored expression on his face. We requested him for his assistance, and he lead us to the tiniest trees he had. Needless to say, Lucien fell in love with them and we ended up getting three tiny trees instead of just one. 

They weren't as tiny as I'm making them out to be - they were at least half my size, but they were still nothing but adorable. 

"You know, just one would have sufficed," I told Lucien with a chuckle as I watched him struggle to place the cardboard boxes with the trees in them into the boot of the car. I helped him with the other two trees and once we were done, we got back into our seats with a sigh of relief. 

"Yeah, you're right. I should've just gotten one," he said with a chuckle. "But hey, I see it as a complete win."

I shook my head at him in amusement with a small grin on my face before saying, "Is that all? Are we going to be going back home now?"

"Not yet," he said with a cheeky expression. "I've actually planned something for today."

"Should I be scared?" I questioned as he reached over behind my seat silently. 

And then he pulled out two pairs of ice skating shoes, before cheering triumphantly, "Tada!"

"No way, we're going skating?" I questioned with a gasp. 

"Sorry I didn't ask first," he replied apologetically before setting them back onto the seat. "It's alright if you don't want to go, especially if your ass still hurts from the first time."

"Jesus Christ that came out so wrong," I gasped, hiding my face behind my hands in embarrassment. 

"Oh Lord, Alvin," he chuckled in response before flicking my forehead once I'd removed my hands. "You know what I meant."

"My ass doesn't hurt anymore, thankfully," I finally let out after I'd gotten over the embarrassment. "And I'd love to go actually, I wanted to ask you earlier but I didn't know how."

"That's great news!" he said with a cheerful smile. A cheerful smile that figuratively produced talons of its own and squeezed my heart and drained it till it's very last drop of crimson. Wow, I was such a sucker for this man. 

"And even better," he started whilst simultaneously starting the engine to his car and beginning looking over his shoulder so he could back up. Jesus, he even looked breathtaking whilst concentrating. "Because the holidays are near, I don't think there'll be any people at the rink today at all. Most of them have probably already flown over to their hometown."

"So we'll be alone?" I questioned, my heart doing flips at the mere thought of that. Holy shit, I was going to be ice skating with my crush - and it'd only be the two of us this time. Let's hope I don't end up making a fool out of myself by landing on my ass for the second time. The first time left enough bruises - way more than I'd like to admit, actually. 

"If we're lucky then yes," he responded after having successfully backed up. He proceeded to avert his gaze to the road ahead and I looked out the window so I wouldn't throw myself out of the car because of just how surreal this man was. 

After every thing he'd said out of the cheesy dictionary, I was pretty sure there would be nothing else left for him to say which would make me literally want to bury myself seventy feet underground so he wouldn't see just how whipped I was. However, the moment he opened his mouth and said the following:

"I can't wait to spend my first Christmas with you."

I knew I had it bad.