Chapter 9

As we stand in the kitchen quietly, the words slowly registering I feel betrayed and hurt even though I already knew where he was. It's as if him confirming it completely sold it for me.

"You say you love me; you say I'm the only girl for you, that you'll only ever love me and be with me. So why..." My eyes become ablaze with a raging fire.

"Do you ALWAYS go back to HER!" I grit out trying to stay calm. I don't know why; I have every right to scream and cry. Why aren't I?

He smiles, breaking my heart but I don't show the hurt on my face.

"I do, but sometimes I get bored." He states calmly, almost begging me to understand that this is all normal.

"Bored?" Disbelief flashes evidently across my face.

"Yeah, our sex life sometimes gets boring so I go to her to get some spark back." I can't believe what I'm hearing and how matter of fact he is about this whole thing.

"Sex life? Jake for fuck sake our relationship isn't based off of sex, it's not supposed to be. I'm your girlfriend, I'm supposed to love you and take care of you, BE THERE FOR YOU! Not just for sex." I growl out, angry tears streaming down my face.

"Can't I have both?" He asks quietly, looking torn. It's not that hard of a decision, really.

I storm up to him, having had enough of his bullshit. I stop in front of him and slap him right across the face as hard as I can. His head turns to the side and he slowly looks back at me with a shocked face.

"No." My voice breaks as I turn and storm towards the door.

As I'm about to reach the door and grab the handle, it flings open, revealing a group of people. They look shocked as they see someone on the other side of the door however it quickly turns to confusion as they take in the state I am in and Jake standing a couple feet behind me.

The roommates had arrived home earlier than expected.

Before they can question us, I rush past them and out of the house. Instead of wasting time getting in my car and driving away, I run straight out of the gate and down the street ignoring the calls of the roommates.

I stop at a curb a few blocks away and scream, clutching the place where my heart should be but feeling as though it has been shattered into a million pieces.

I look out into the dark night and see very few lights occasionally flashing by illuminating the street for a short time before passing.

My mind goes blank as I hear a big vehicle, I look over to see a truck speeding down the road. I look at it as it comes closer. Without thinking I take a step towards the road and the oncoming truck.

Ignoring all thoughts and sounds I take another.

And another.

One more and then freedom.

As I go to take the final step I'm pulled back by something. Reality comes crashing down on me as I snap out of my daze, hearing the thundering sound of the truck speeding by whilst the horn blares. Cusses are thrown out of the driver's window as he finally passes.

I turn around to look at what pulled me back.

"What the fuck were you thinking!?!" He shouts at me. I'm shocked to see an out of breath Colby, hunched over with his hands on his knees.

I stay silent as I let him get his breathing back to normal, he swallows then shoots his head up to me with a deadly look as he stands tall.

"Answer the damn question (Y/n)!" He growls as he stalks towards me and grabs my shoulders. I look away, refusing to make eye contact.

A minute passes like this and he finally takes in a sharp breath. The realisation he had been denying finally sinking in.

"No...you didn't." His voice breaks as he steps away, face full of hurt, worry and shock.

"So what if I did?" I stand and spit back defiantly with a scowl. He looks taken aback before continuing his scolding.

"Did you seriously try to kill yourself over a fight?!" He yells out. Rage takes over me at his statement.

"YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED!!!" I scream at him, new tears streaming down my face.

"THEN TELL ME!!" He screams back.

"HE CHEATED OK?!? He cheated...." I shout at him but then trail off. His face immediately morphs from anger to shock.

"What....there's no way. He wouldn't do that to you." He tries to defend his friend.

"Well he did. He said he got bored so he went to that fucking whore Gabrielle, fucked her and then came back and acted like he loved me and all that shit. It isn't even the first time he's done it. I'm not enough for him, I'll never be enough for him...." I trail off looking at the ground as the tears continue to run down my face.

I feel arms wrap around me and I immediately embrace the body in front of me. I cry into Colby's shoulder for what feels like hours before he finally speaks.

"Would you like to go back now? It's starting to rain and it's already really late. You can stay in my room if you'd like for tonight." He asks gently as if not to scare me. I nod slightly and we start walking back.

I grasp his hand in mine and lean into him, occasionally squeezing his hand as if to make sure he's still there, just to get a squeeze back that calms me.

We make our way through the gate and stop in front of the front door. I stiffen as I hear yelling.

Colby squeezes my hand causing me to look up at him. He gives me a reassuring smile and rubs his thumb over the back of my hand.

"Now or never." I grin weakly at my own joke, Colby laughing at it whilst shaking his head before opening the door.

The yelling stops and silence fills the house as Colby closes the door. Multiple footsteps are heard coming in our direction and I brace myself.

The roommates round the corner to see Colby and I still hand in hand.

"Oh my god you found her!" Devyn rushes towards me and embraces me. I hug back, tears rushing to my eyes but I keep them at bay.

We pull away and I smile at her. Before anyone can bombard me with questions Colby speaks up.