CHAPTER 21

I grunted and sighed in frustration, "Fuck." I still felt rage over what Rosie did to Milly. I feel like wanting to punch her in the face. If she were a guy I would've. 

I look out the window and saw Milly's light was still on. She's probably either studying or cleaning. I smirked. I think she's OCD. She always wants thing s a certain way, she always wants things to be perfect. 

I frowned. Maybe that's why she struggles to accept herself? To her she isn't perfect. I gulped hard and clinched my jaw as a wave of emotion floods my system because I knew it was my fault she felt to imperfect.

A part of me feels selfish being with Milly. I'm the the boogie man under her bed and she doesn't even know it. But while she lived with me, we were like magnets. We somehow were drawn to each other and neither of us had a say in it.

I close my eyes. If I was a good guy, I'd be honest with her, tell her everything and then let her go. But I was the bad guy. I wanted her and the thought of someone else having her didn't settle well with me. I want to be that person, I want to be her person that gives her everything her heart wants. She gives me the desire to do good, to try and build something for myself...and maybe for her in the future. 

 I'm still learning about all this relationship stuff. I've never really dated anyone before. But I'm willing to learn anything to make it work with Milly. 

I look at her window again. I smiled when I saw her walking around with an oversized t-shirt, sweat pants, her hair in a messy bun and a pencil tucked in her ear. It pisses me off that she doesn't realise how amazing she is, or how gorgeous she was. 

I want to do something that'll make her feel good. In the time she lived here, she looked at me and decided I was worth it, I want her to feel that too.  I opened my phone, deciding to make some plans for Milly. 

ME: Bobby. I need you to give me Milly's number.

MILLY

I laid in bed, I couldn't sleep. I wasn't tired at all. My brain felt like a ping pong ball, and the ball was hitting all of these confusing questions about the mysterious Jackson Reed. I groan and roll over, wanting my brain to shut up. But knew it wasn't going to. I knew I wasn't going to have a good sleep tonight.

My mind keeps going back to all the memories that had Jax. My fingers touch my lips, reliving the moment Jax kissed me. I couldn't stop the giddy smile. It felt so good. It felt so perfect.My phone dings from my bedside table. I swipe and see a random number.

STRANGER: Milly? Are you awake

I frowned, who is this? I started to freak out a little bit. Could it be him?

ME: who is this?

Another ding echoed out almost straight away. I swiped and too my shock it was Jax. How did he get my number?

JAX: Sorry. It's Jax.

ME: Oh haha hey. Are you okay?

JAX: I need to talk to you. Can I come to your room?

I felt my heart beat double time when I read his text. What'd he want to talk about? The kiss? Or does he not like me? Is he going to confess that he thinks it's a good idea for us to stay away from each other? Either way...I wouldn't know till I talk to him.

ME: Sure.

No less than ten seconds later a soft knock sounded on my window. I tidies my hair and lunged out of bed. I quickly open the window, he climbs in, landing on his feet. He looked fresh. He must've had a shower. His basketball shorts hung low on his hips, making his beautiful v shaped muscle pop out. I gulped as my eyes roamed over his broad, muscular shoulders and chest. My goodness, how is he even that cut? All I wanted to do was see what it felt like under my hands.