CHAPTER 6

A knocking sounded from the window. My eyes snapped open and I leapt out of bed to sprint away. I whimpered when I felt that undeniable, crippling sensation of that fear invading my heart, making it beat faster and faster until it exploded.

But when my eyes caught what was at my window...I froze...and then I frowned...and then I was angry.

Jax was at my window. I grunted in frustration when I opened it up, "What the fuck, Jax!" I growled.

He rolls his eyes, "All the other windows were locked, yours was the only one open."

"Can you not do that ever again? You scared the shit outta me." I said angrily as I stepped back to make space for him to climb through.

He lands on the floor and groans.

I frowned when he took his time getting back on his feet. I stepped forward, "Are...Are you okay?" I hesitantly asked.

Jax stood in front of me in his hoodie, "Just shut up and go back to sleep."

"I will once you get the fuck out of my room." I snapped.

He raises his brow to me. He took a few steps toward me a little too slowly. He stops right in front of me and looks down at me. I gulped and looked up at him. His jaw ticked. I guess that's one of the few things he has in common with his father.

"You don't get to talk to me like that, Milly." I felt myself on edge. He never says my name. EVER. A part of me kind of liked someone as scary as Jax saying my name...but I also knew that he wasn't saying my name in a nice manner. He's saying as if he was telling off a small little girl.

And I didn't like that, I glared up at him, "You don't get to tell me how I talk, Jax."

He snickers, "Oh yes I do. You forget, Milly," He leans down until his lips are in line with my ear, "You're in my house. You're in my home. You're a visitor in my world right now." I felt more irritated that his breath whisper made my skin raise in goosebumps.

He pushes past me, shoving my shoulder along the way. He shuts the door behind him. I released a breath I didn't even realise I was holding.

I groan and got back into bed. I'm going to put up with him for three weeks...THREE WEEKS. How am I going to survive?

***

"Get up, Hunt."

I groaned as I squinted my eyes open. Through my sleep blur, I saw someone standing at the door. I yawned and rubbed my eyes. I sat up and immediately frowned when I saw Jax standing there.

"Why the hell are you waking me up?" I snapped.

He rolls his eyes, "Debra wants you to get your ass out of bed, she's cooking breakfast."

I groan as I pull the blankets back and stretch my arms up over my head like a cat. I closed my eyes as I felt my body tense. I peaked my eyes open and I felt suddenly self-conscious when I saw Jax's eyes were running over my legs and torso. Shit I wasn't wearing a bra.

I coughed in my hand awkwardly, "Okay well, I'll quickly get changed and come downstairs."

"Whatever." He mumbled before leaving.

I gulped. He wasn't looking at my legs, was he? He didn't see anything did he?"

I looked down at my shorts. They're not that short. I purposely got these because they covered my upper thighs more.

I brushed off his action. Jax being Jax, he was probably judging how I looked anyway. I opened the curtains and had a look outside. I was happy to see that it looked warm outside. A little cloudy, but still nice. I decided to go with a pair of high waist blue jeans and a slightly cropped white crew neck jumper. I let my hair free to fall into their natural waves. I put on my little gold hoops and got my bag and went downstairs.