"Where is she! Is she awake?" Mr. Stark breathed.

He had run over the moment he had heard. The billionaire followed the teenager's gaze into the room where the medical team was working their magic. The doctor had given her an oxygen mask after she had started to gasp for air. The nurse gave her a dose of morphine in her arm.

Adelaide still thrashed around the bed as if her body were on fire.

"How long has she been awake?" Mr. Stark asked quietly. Peter swallowed painfully.

"N-Not long," he mumbled, "Sh-She woke up and sh-she was in pain so I-I called the doctor right away."

Suddenly, Pepper, May, and Happy ran around the corner, their faces casted in panic.

"Is she okay?!" Pepper asked worriedly. Before the billionaire could answer, the door to Ada's room opened and the doctor walked out. They all glanced at the teenager who was still struggling under the hold of the nurses. They assumed she thought the nurses were dangerous or trying to hurt her.

"Who was the first person she saw when she woke up?" the doctor asked.

"M-Me," Peter stuttered, "It was me."

The doctor nodded, "Come with me." Glancing back nervously at Mr. Stark whose eyes hadn't left Ada, Peter quickly followed the doctor inside the hospital room where Ada was still struggling. The doctor closed the door behind him and pulled him over to the corner.

"It's common for coma patients to wake up confused about their surroundings. Usually, we give them a sedative that puts them to sleep for a bit, but I'm not sure that will be best idea for Adelaide's delicate situation," the doctor explained. Peter frowned.

"So what do you need me for?" he asked.

"It might help if you talk to her and bring her down because you were the first person she saw when she woke up," he said.

"Oh," Peter breathed, "I can do that."

"Good. Remember to be gentle. She's in a very fragile state right now and thinks she's been captured by enemies."

That made sense to Peter. The last time she'd been conscious, someone had shot her. Obviously she thought she was still there, but she had been captured and everyone around her was trying to hurt her. He couldn't imagine how scary it must feel to wake up in an unknown place with masked strangers surrounding you, trying to inject you with things when the last thing you remember is being shot at.

"Let me go!" Ada screamed desperately, trying to push the nurses away.

"Her stitches are breaking," he heard one nurse say worriedly. Peter carefully walked up to her bed, stopping to stand just beside her head. She didn't notice him at first.

"Ada," he said quietly. Somehow, she heard that small, three-lettered word even through the noise. She stopped struggling and turned her head to look at him. Her wide blue eyes instantly flooded with hot tears.

"Pete?" she whispered. She sounded scared out of her mind. Her voice was scratchy and rough from not being used for days. "I-I thought y-you were dead."

"I'm okay, I promise," he said gently, "And you are too. You're in a hospital right now. These are just nurses trying to help you. And Mr. Stark, Pepper, Aunt May, and Happy are all waiting outside for you. You are completely safe here."