Chapter Twenty

A/N: you guyss i just realized i completely forgot to upload a chapter yesterday!

honestly, my day was so busy yesterday, but luckily i just remembered so here's the new chapter + a gif! i know you guys have been dying for a gif so here you go lol

————————————————————

"I mean, they don't know that we know."

————————————————————

When Ned looked up from his notes, he found Vivian, MJ, Betty, and Flash all surrounding his table.

He frowned.

"Uh...everything okay, guys?" he asked wearily. He didn't like the looks they were giving him. Especially the one his girlfriend was giving him. It was a smile, but he knew her well enough to know it wasn't a friendly one. "Babe? What's going on?"

"Oh, I was just wondering..." Vivian said, putting her hand on his arm. Ned looked down at it, swallowing. "You'd never lie to me, right?"

"R-Right," he said, beginning to break into a sweat.

"Right, babe?" she insisted, leaning closer. Ned squeezed his eyes shut. He couldn't take it anymore. He couldn't do this.

"Okay, I lied!" he exclaimed, abruptly standing up from his seat, "I'm sorry, but I lied!"

"So is Mr. Harrington really homeless?" Flash asked him. Ned looked at his girlfriend apologetically. She was looking at him, waiting for him to answer. He sighed, admitting defeat. He couldn't keep up the lie.

"No, he's not. I made that up," he mumbled.

"And Adelaide and Peter aren't drug dealers?" Betty asked. Ned shook his head. He couldn't believe how ridiculous the lies sounded, even to him. He really was the worst liar ever. Homeless teachers and teenage drug dealers?? Maybe he needed to change the kinds of tv shows he was watching lately.

"And they really are dating?" Vivian asked, holding her breath. Ned nodded after a beat.

"Ah! I knew it!" Vivian grinned, jumping up. So she had been right this whole time. It was Adelaide in that picture, the girl had just been lying since the start! On one hand, she couldn't believe her friends were finally dating— it was about time they got together. God knows the tension between them had gotten palpable. But on the other hand, she wanted to get angry at them for hiding such a huge secret from her.

In her boyfriend's defense though, after he found out the truth, it was only a matter of time before they all found out too.

"Why did you lie?" MJ asked. Ned sighed.

"They asked me to. I-I found out about them and they made me promise not to tell," Ned said. He smiled a beat later, realizing something. "But I guess there's no point in hiding it anymore since you all know, right?"

"Wait a minute," Betty said and they all turned their heads to look at her, "What if...we didn't know?"

"Not following," Flash said, shaking his head.

"I mean, they don't know that we know," Betty said, grinning like an evil genius, "They lied to us. This is our chance to get back to them!"