Chapter One

A/N: here we goo!

welcome to the very first chapter into what is going to be one hell of a rollercoaster ride!

today's date: july 14, 2021 for purposes of celebrating the anniversary

in all seriousness, i want to preface the entirety of this book by saying: this is adelaide and peter's story.

the last book focused on adie and tony and while there will definitely be huge chunks of this story focusing on adie and tony, the overarching theme of this book is peter and ada's love story— from how it all starts to how their journey goes up and down along the way. this book will truly be the peter parker x oc you guys have been anxious for for the past like three years lol (i think you've all waited long enough)

before we go into it, i just want to take a second to once again thank everyone who read the first book and helped it reach so many views/votes/comments. your love for this book has truly been inspiring and it feels incredible to have this story always be the one steady thing in my life 💛

without further ado, here is...into the light!

————————————————————
"I swear I wasn't the one who

broke the vending machine.

It was already broken."
————————————————————

When Adelaide Rivers woke up in the hospital, she had no idea how she got there or why her head felt as if it was being repeatedly hit with a hammer.

No, she didn't know why Peter was pacing in front of her. No, she didn't have any recollection of anything before she opened her eyes. No, she couldn't figure out why Peter looked so worried. And no, she didn't know why she felt so dizzy.

There was a loud ringing in her ears that she couldn't shake off and it seemed to block all other sounds. Her vision was blurry, yet she couldn't clear it up no matter how many times she blinked or shook her head.

"Oh, my god," he breathed when he realized she was awake.

She winced. It felt like something was piercing her brain. Her lips felt dry and throat felt like it had been rubbed with sandpaper when she swallowed. Her entire body ached badly. The more she came back to consciousness, the more the pain overtook her. Her mind flooded with confusion.

She closed her eyes. She had just been standing in a strange white room, how had she gotten here? Her head hurt. Everything hurt.

"D-Doctor!" Peter shouted from the doorway, "W-We need a doctor in here NOW!"

Everything just hurt so much. She wished she could go back to sleep. She wanted the pain to go away. It just kept getting worse.

"H-Hey, hey th-th-the doctor's on his way, okay?" Peter breathed nervously, coming to her side. She barely heard him. He reached out to comfort her but then hesitated. She groaned in pain. Peter took her cold hand, gently squeezing it. She was in pain and Peter wished there was something he could do. He wasn't even sure if she knew he was there to begin with. His eyes filled with tears at the sight of her in pain.

Just when he opened his mouth to say something, the doctor and nurses rushed into the room. They ushered him out and surrounded her bed, injecting her with various things and taking several measurements and shouting technical things to each other. Peter watched it all through the other side of the window as Ada continued to writhe in pain. At one point, she even let out a scream.