Chapter Six

A/N: oh man, you're gonna be glad you read this chapter because this is ALSO the chapter i know you guys have been waiting for ever since the beginning of time and you shall finally have it.

just keep that gif in mind and listen to the song i added up there, it pairs perfectly with this chapter!

————————————————————

"All I want to be is your Ada."

————————————————————

Peter immediately kissed her back.

"Do you believe in soulmates?"

"Yeah," she said quietly, "Yeah, I guess I do. Do you?"

"Without a doubt."

His hands flew out from his pockets to grab her shoulders and bring her closer — closer than humanely possible — to him. His hand went from gripping her shoulders to gently holding her neck to tangling his fingers through her hair and cupping the back of her head. His other arm went around her waist, crashing her small body against his. He couldn't get her close enough to him.

"I think people who find their soulmates are lucky," he continued, "Like winning the lottery."

"But how do you know if someone is your soulmate? What if you're wrong?"

Fireworks exploded in the skies all around them as everyone celebrated the new year, but they hardly noticed as the vibrations thundered through the ground.

Adelaide hung her arms around his shoulders, holding onto the nape of his neck as he pulled her closer and closer to him. The kiss was passionate, but urgent. So even when they couldn't seem to catch their breath, they physically couldn't pull away from each other.

When they were kissing, no one else existed but them. It felt like they were the only two people in this world and instead of feeling loneliness, there was only happiness. So much happiness.

"Your heart is never wrong. You just...know."

"Fuck. Say it again," Peter demanded breathlessly against her lips, squeezing his eyes shut. Adelaide tried to stop her mind from spinning long enough to remember how to speak again.

"I love you too, Peter Park—"

Peter cut her off, kissing her again. And again. And again. And again.

There was pain in his kisses, as if he was remembering all times he wanted her but couldn't have her. As if he was remembering all those moments when he almost lost her or thought she had left him for good. As if he had realized that there would never be another moment as beautiful as this one in his life again. As if he thought that those three words she had said to him were just a beautiful lie and she would slip from his fingers again.

"It's like there's a force pulling you together from any two corners of the world."

Adelaide felt a lump in her throat and the sadness flooded through her until she had to pull back enough to breathe. Peter held her closely in his arms, tightly pressing his forehead against hers.

"I'm sorry," she said, her voice cracking and the tears falling over, "I'm so sorry I hurt you. I-I never meant to but—"