Chapter Eight

A/N: helloo beautiful people

i come with an extra long and hilarious and cute and fluffy and very padie chapter today because you all deserve it and because i'm finally all moved into my new dorm :)

i'm posting this early cause today's my first day of the semester and i think i'm going to completely forget to publish it tonight lol

anyway, forget all your problems for the next 7,000 words and just relax :)

————————————————————

"She's on her...cycle."

————————————————————

Six o'clock couldn't get here fast enough.

She didn't wake up till noon, but when she did, she wished she could go right back to sleep again so she wouldn't have to anxiously wait around the penthouse all day for her date.

She couldn't believe she was going on a date. With Peter Parker. If someone had told her that two years ago, she never would have believed them. He used to just be her best friend but now...well, now he was her first love.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Tony greeted her as she walked into the kitchen, "Or should I say good afternoon? I almost came in there to check your pulse."

"Thank you for your concern," she mumbled groggily as she stuck her head in the fridge to get some orange juice to cure her mild headache. "But my pulse and I are both just fine." She located the bright orange and poured herself a glass.

"Partied too hard?" the billionaire asked. She sat down in a high chair across from him. Man, he had absolutely no idea.

"You could say that. I just need a cold shower and I'll be fine," she said, taking small sips of her juice. She looked around, wondering where everyone was. The billionaire was sitting there, working on something on his laptop as he munched on some leftover apple pie. "Where's Pepper? And Happy?"

"Sleeping in and mega hungover," he said. She eyed him.

"Why aren't you?" she asked.

"I was. But then I took a painkiller and now I'm fine. Happy, however, doesn't believe in taking painkillers."

"They make you weak," the man himself grumbled as he entered the kitchen. He winced at the bright sunlight coming into the kitchen and sat himself down beside the teenager. He looked awful. "They slow your body down."

He sat with his head in his hands as his hangover tortured him from the inside. Adelaide studied him with a frown.

"Oh I'm sure," she said, "That's why you're in such great shape, right?"

"No rude and or snarky comments prior to two o'clock will be appreciated," he mumbled back. She and Tony shared a mischievous look, thinking the same thing.

"YOU GOT IT, HAPPS," Adelaide shouted and the man groaned in pain, squeezing his head and sinking into his chair. Her voice felt like a bullet in his brain.

"SIR, YES SIR," Tony shouted at an equal volume.

"Aghh, it hurts," Happy groaned painfully in complaint, squeezing his eyes shut, "You two are the worst."

"No rude and or snarky comments prior to two o'clock will be appreciated," Adelaide said, sliding her juice over to him, "Juice?"

"And from the hands of the devil herself," he grumbled, swallowing down the rest of her glass. He wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. In his fluffy white robe and unkempt hair, he looked the most unprofessional she had ever seen him before. It was rare to catch Happy Hogan with out a full suit and tie, but right now, he looked shockingly like a hungover bunny.