Chapter 43: Mending Things

Everyone congratulated Zoya personally when they saw her and asked her how about their relationship details. Zoya felt awkward but she politely replied them that just something clicked between them.

She hurried up to Aditya's cabin and opened the door. She didn't expect Prem sir to be in his cabin and she stopped at the door. Then she realized that she didn't knock and felt bad what Prem sir would be thinking of her?

"Oh... Zoya Beta, come in... No formalities..." Prem said with smile as he understood. She hesitated but she came in and closed the door behind. She took the seat next to Aditya on the couch and smiled at Prem. Aditya took Zoya's hand in his and said, "Prem Uncle, I sincerely want you to be there with us when we do this. That's why I announced that we won't be there in office till end of May".

"Even I wanted to be there, Aditya. But, one of us to be here to handle the clients and we can't afford to lose client's trust. And we can't extend our deadlines too. Someone has to be here and take care of the office", Prem said.

"Uncle... I know for 2 months... Our staff will manage the office... I have that much trust on our staffs... We will be a call away when they need us..." Aditya insisted. "Aditya... I know our staffs are capable of handling office without us. But still I want to stay here and handle things here. Anyway, I'm going to be there for wedding a week before", Prem said.

"Uncle..." Aditya said but stopped when Zoya squeezed his hand. Aditya looked at her and smiled at her. Then he turned to look at Prem and said, "Uncle... You're not saying this because..." Prem cuts him as he understood while looking at Zoya. "Aditya... It's nothing of that sort... I'm so glad that you both find happiness in each other. I just want to make sure that nothing goes wrong here, when we're not here... that's all..."

"Aditya... I think what Prem sir saying is right... Someone has to be here to take care of our clients. Please don't force him... Please..." Zoya said. Aditya unwillingly nodded and said to Prem, "Okay Uncle. But I want you to be there in Mumbai a week before our marriage and our marriage will not be complete without your blessings".

"I know... Aditya... I know..." He said and took leave from them before walking off the room.

                                      ***

Arjun was happy that Aditya and Zoya have decided to get married. But he was not sure what Aditya was trying to do. He knocked on Aditya's door. When Aditya opened his door to Arjun, Arjun asked, "Bhai, can I come inside?" Aditya nodded and let him in.

Arjun looked around and said, "Zoya..." Aditya closed the door and said, "She is in her room packing..." Arjun nodded and said, "Bhai... I want to talk to you... can we talk now?"

"I know Chotte... About what you want to talk about..." Aditya said, and both sat on the couch in silent. "I don't know how to tell her about my past, Chotte", Aditya broke the silence.

"Bhai... But she should know about your past... If she comes to know about it later from another source, then... I don't have to tell you how Zoya will take this..." Arjun said. "I can't afford to lose her, Chotte... For the last few months, you know we have been fighting over petty things... I don't know what will happen to us when she comes to know about my past..." Aditya said with dejection.

"Bhai... I won't advice you to hide your past from Zoya... She must know about your past before getting married to you... She should know... If you think otherwise then I can't help it..." Arjun said firmly.

"Chotte... Please try to understand... I can't live without her... and at the same time I can't tell her something that will definitely separate us..." Aditya said keeping his hand on his forehead. Arjun didn't respond to him. He looked at Aditya and he can see that Aditya is clearly suffering from inside because of this. He understood how much Aditya loves Zoya and how much he is feeling guilty for not disclosing his past to her.