Chapter 38 : Love at stake

Aditya knocked on the Arjun's door. He opened the door, "What happened, Bhai?" He looked at the clock it showed 10 past 8, "Is everything alright?" he asked.

"Arjun, I wanted to talk to you..." Aditya said. Arjun opened his door wide open. Aditya went inside, Arjun bedroom was bigger than Aditya's with King sized bed in the middle and right end was with wardrobe and bathroom and at left end, A 80 inch TV with home theater and Gaming consoles and other side has a working table with his laptop and books. Arjun always kept is room untidy, his room and bed filled with his stuff here and there.

Aditya looked around and his OCD caught up with him. Arjun understood his mind and cleared his clothes and books from his bed and gestured him to sit. "Arjun, you always have to keep your things like this?" Aditya asked while sitting at the end of his bed. Before Arjun could reply him he said, "Nevermind... I came here to talk to you about Riyaz..."

"What about him?" he asked sitting next to his Bhai. "I think... I kind of screwed up..." Aditya said and he told him about his conversation on the phone with Riyaz. "I think I spoiled the only chance for Zoya to make up with him", he said worriedly. "Bhai... You didn't... I think Riyaz was not in the mood to listen what you said at that time... May be... We give sometime for them... I think they'll reconcile on their own... Just leave it here... I'll talk to Zoya and Riyaz..." he consoled Aditya and hugged him.

"Don't worry Bhai... Things will turn around soon..." he said and Aditya felt the pressure of how to face Zoya after this.

                                                       ***

Next day, on the way to office, Aditya went to see Zoya at her home. He knocked on the door and waited for her to open it. After five minutes or so, Zoya opened the door. He could see that her face is worn out and dull. He understood that she hasn't slept too.

"Hey, Good Morning", Aditya said. Zoya just nodded and didn't reply to him. She went inside leaving the door open for him to come inside. He entered inside, everything was left out everywhere. She hadn't cleaned her house too.

"Zoya yaar... What happened to you? Why are you living in this dumpster?" He asked. Zoya glared at him and didn't respond to him. "Zoya come on... I understand... It's difficult for you without Riyaz on your side... But you have to give sometime to him to come around... He is hurt and he is feeling low... He'll come around when he realizes that it's not your fault or... even it's not his fault too..." Aditya tried to console her.

Zoya was looking at him without blinking while he was talking. After a sometime, she said, "Aditya... I know you'll understand me... I know... Riyaz will come around when he realizes... But I want some time to think it through..."

Aditya closed the gap between them and stood before her an inch apart. He held her both hands and said, "Zoya... You can take your time as long as you need it... I'll handle everything at the office..." Zoya looked at him and gulped. She didn't know how to tell him. But she has to tell him about her decision.

"Aditya..." she said. "Hmm..." he said. She took off his hands from hers' and took few steps back. Aditya looked at her baffled. "Aditya... I want some time from you... I want some space between us..." Aditya looked at her unbelievably and asked, "But... Why?"

"Aditya... I couldn't think properly with you being around me... When you're around me... My mind and heart both is occupied by you... Only you... I couldn't think beyond you... If I have to think clearly I have to be away from you... If I have to bring my life on track like before then I have to keep my distance from you..." Zoya said while sobbing.

Aditya didn't utter a single word; his eyes welled up after hearing what Zoya said. But when he saw tears in Zoya's eyes, immediately he wiped his eyes and said, "Zoya... Please... You don't have to cry... All you have to do is tell me... That's it... I understand that... Don't worry... Take your own time as long as you want... I'll be waiting..."