Chapter 8

Art Credit: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts?tags=mamiichi&z=1

*Kokichi's p.o.v.*

"Kokichi, we need to talk."

Keebo walks into my house and sits down on the couch.  It's probably for the best to keep pretending and keep all ties cut. 

"I'm sorry....Do I know you?"

"What?  I'm Keebo, your friend!  Is this another prank?"

"My only friend is Rantaro.  You know, since we're both juniors in high school.

"But Miu, Rantaro, and I are all friends with you cause we're all seniors in high school!"

"I don't know what you're talking about!"

"So when you hit your head, you must've gotten some amnesia...I'll call over Rantaro so we can try and get your memories back.  I'll also invite Saihara if he wants to come too."

The two boys show up and we head to the park. 

"Why are we here?"

"Do you remember the turtles over there?"

"Yes!"

"Well that was easy!"

"I used to come here all the time to look at them!  I always wanted to name one Dan Birch!  It's my inside joke with Rantaro!"

"Oh...."

The next place we head is Saihara's house.

We go upstairs to his room and he has me lay on the bed.  Shuichi carries me up since I'm in a wheelchair.

"Wooooow you barely know me and yet you're planning on topping me in front of these people?  Well, person.  Keebo's more like a robot than anything."

"What no, of course not!"

We head to the school yard where I used to eat lunch with Rantaro.

"Do you remember when we ate lunch here and you pretended to be dead?  I then called you a grape."

"Nope!  I used to do that here with Rantaro though!"

Before we leave, Rantaro and Saihara head behind the school to talk.  I decide to follow and eavesdrop.

"All those things he did with me were just recycled from what you guys did together!"

"That's because I was his only friend.  He did those things with you because he really wanted to be friends with you.
That was what he did with his only friend so he did it with you so you wouldn't hate him!"

"Oh...."

"He really likes you you know.  Even as an amnesiac, it's still obvious that he's attracted to you!  No matter what you guys can or can't remember doing together, you still end up finding each other attractive.  Anyways, let's continue trying to bring his memory back!"

Rantaro then pulled me aside to talk with me. 

"Kokichi, what the hell are you doing?!"

"Whatever do you mean Rantaro?"

"I understand treating Shuichi like this but why are you tricking Keebo?"

"What are you saying?  I'm an injured amnesiac who has no clue who that hot blue boy is!"

"Cut the crap Kokichi.  Keebo doesn't deserve this.  Shuichi fucked up big time but Keebo has been there for you through this entire situation."

"Keebo won't be able to keep it from Shuichi.  As far as I'm concerned, I'm hopeless and I'm not going to have my memory back until he gives up trying."