Chapter 7

*Kokichi's p.o.v.*

A few days have passed and I've gotten pretty close with Miu and Keebo along with DICE. I helped Kagome get that guy behind bars and I've helped the other members too. They're like a family I never truly had. I still have hanahaki, but I've grown kind of used to it. It's gotten a little bit worse. I've started throwing up thorns and full flowers. But, I have to get to school!

"Kokichi, you can't keep going like this!! If you get surgery, you will forget him and lose your feelings. No more flowers!!"

"I don't want to forget about all the fun things we did! I'd rather die like this!"

"God dammit Kokichi! We care about you! If you die I don't know what I'd do! I'd rather you stop suffering!"

"I'm not getting surgery and that's final!"

I head into class to avoid the conversation. Saihara was my first friend and I don't want to forget. I'd rather die with the memories. My breath gets slower but I'm pretty much used to it. I'm sitting behind Shuichi after all what did I expect?

"Hey, Kokichi? Are you okay? You've been taking more and more trips to the bathroom. You also cough a lot."

"Awww is Saihara...worried about me?"

I tried to act like myself, despite the air in my lungs draining.

"You don't sound like yourself!"

"And.........what does it matter to you? Go worry about..........Kaede or something!"

"You're my friend I'm making sure you're okay!"

"You shouldn't care! I'm.........FINE!"

"No, I don't want to blow you off you aren't fucking okay Kokichi!"

"MY NAME IS OMA! I'm.......FINE! IF I WASN'T, I'D TELL RANTARO OR KEEBO, NOT SOME GUY WHO BETRAYED ME SO HE COULD FUCK THE GIRL WHO'S BULLIED ME FOR YEARS! GOD YOU'RE SUCH A DENSE DUMB BIT- Gah!!!"

"KOKICHI!"

I gasped for air. I felt a pain in my wrist and cheek. The pain spread throughout my body. I looked down at my wrist. A small white flower emerged from my wrist. I had cuts all over so more and more flowers started growing.

"Shuichi- I'm f-fine...."

I started uncontrollably coughing up flowers and blood all over my desk. I couldn't stop. My head was shaking violently and the world around slowly got dimmer. The sound starts echoing and drowning out. I try gasping for air, but I'm suffocating.

"Get the nurse! He's...............out!"

My world goes black as I hear Shuichi mutter those last words.

*Shuichi's p.o.v.*

"Get the nurse! He's not okay. Kaede stop it! HE'S PASSING OUT! AH what the hell!"

I pick Kokichi up and sprint to the nurse's office. I end up getting tripped by someone though.

"Where are you going sweetheart?"

"Kaede, move. I'm taking my friend to the nurse, he could die!"

"Did you just tell me to move?"

She walks over to Kokichi and takes him upstairs. I get up to run, still in pain from when she tripped me. She then comes back. I try to run but she catches me and drags me up the stairs to an empty classroom. She closes and locks the door.

"This bitch will NOT take you away from me again! I have had ENOUGH!"

She then hits him, knocking him backwards out the window.

"NO! HE'S ALREADY HURT NEOUGH!"

I run outside as fast as I could and grab Kokichi.

"Kokichi, I don't know if you can hear me....I know I shouldn't have given Kaede a chance but she said she was going through a difficult time. She said people around her would tell her to kill herself and I caught her with a noose! I know I never deserve to be forgiven for this but I just want you to know before we both die here. I never loved Kaede! Those moments we spent together changed me! You lie all the time and make fun of others but I don't care! You're hurting, and I know you're a good person at heart! Kokichi I like you! Like a lot! I'm really sorry that I betrayed you Kokichi...."

*Kokichi's p.o.v.*

My eyes open. I sharply inhale at the pain. Where the hell am I!? I look around. How did I get outside and why am I in so much pain??? I see Saihara beside me.

"Shuichi?"

I try to stand up stand run over but my legs don't move.

"UGH, WORK LEGS!!!"

Wait a minute. I clear my throat. I'm right next to Shuichi yet I can breathe fine. I look at my wrist. Some of the petals were falling off. The hanahaki disease is caused by unrequited love so that means something happened between Kaede and Shuichi. So does that mean Shuichi likes me back!? I lay down and fall asleep.

I jump awake at the sound of sirens. A white haired boy and a green haired boy stand above me. The police must be on the way. The white haired one bent down to hug me but backed away after I flinched. The police put me on a gurney and into an ambulance.

I wake up again but this time in a hospital bed.

"Ah, you're awake. You broke both of your legs, sprained your back, and sprained your right ankle. You are really lucky. Though you're malnourishment made your condition worse. We also noticed a few flowers in your lungs. We'll have to give you physical therapy and help you to walk again."

The doctor walks out and in walks Shuichi. 

"Kokichi!  Are you alright?"

"I-"

"Oh forget it.  Kokichi, I'm sorry for everything that happened with Kaede.  You don't have to say a word.  I have an offer.  Rantaro told me that you've had a hard time mentally.  I just wanted to tell you that if you wanted, we don't have to stay here around Kaede.  I mean, we could run away.  I really don't want anything to happen with you and Kaede again."

".....Who are you exactly?"

"You can't be serious.  Kokichi it's me!"

"Why are you talking to me?"

"You're lying to me aren't you!?  After all this you're still lying to me!"

A nurse rushes in.

"You need to leave."

A few days later, I'm able to head back to my house.  There's a knock on the door.

"Hello-"

"Kokichi, we need to talk."

1061words

-ren