Chapter 5

Art credit: https://www.reddit.com/user/HonestlyaBot/ (I believe)

*Kokichi's p.o.v.*

"Hey, kid!"

I turn to see a boy with light brown hair.

"Um- sorry to say this but you're actually in my home."

"Oh sorry, I was just-"

"Lemme guess. You're lonely and have nowhere safe to go?"

"Yes actually. How-?"

"I've had eight other people come through here with similar problems. On top of that, they were all orphans. So what's your little story?"

"Well um, I got abused and bullied all the time yet I still tried to act tough. My dad decided he couldn't handle all the drama at home and would either stay out all night or ignore what she did to me.  My crush, who I've flirted with and we've literally slept in the same bed, decided to ignore me and hang out with his new friend.  Sorry, girlfriend.  His new girlfriend just so happens to be the person who got me hospitalized and just earlier, they were making out. Oh but before all of that, I got a call saying my mom is missing.  So I'm going to lose my house without her paying the bills and I don't have a job so how long can I even eat food?"

"Oh jeez. Well, I'm Kanji Kirakira. Me and the other eight all have a sort of alliance so maybe later I could introduce you guys."

"Okay. My name is Kokichi Oma by the way.  He/they."

Kanji ran off into the forest and I was left alone. Maybe there's still hope?  But everything I thought I knew felt so filled with despair. I sit there for awhile and eventually, Kanji comes back with eight others. They all had clown masks on.

"Here are the others.  But before anything, you have to agree to join our group first.  Oh, the look on your face says it all.  I guess I forgot to mention it but basically we're all pranksters with a strict no killing rule!"

"I'll join I guess.  Sounds a little fun."

"Okay, great!  We should probably introduce ourselves now.  Well I'm Kanji you already know that but I'm the leader of this group."

"I'm Hiromi Satomi." A girl with light greyish brown hair and a revealing white suit.

"I'm Kanna Yua. Pleasure to meet you."
She had a white suit dress and light brown pigtails. Her clown mask only covered the top half of her face.

"I'm Sana Akio." Idk how to fit this in the story but he's the black haired one. I'll put a picture of the whole group and I'll try to let ya know who's who.

"Rich kid!"

A guy with blonde hair jumped in after Akio.

"I'm Rokuro Mariko." The boy who called Akio rich was apparently named Rokuro.

"I'm Daisuke Niko." He had a larger figure than the rest and he was bald.

"I'm Hiroki Masuta." A guy who was way taller than me and looked tough stared at me with his red afro and introduced himself. Not gonna lie, he's pretty intimidating.

"I'm Haruto Asahi!" A boy with spiky blonde hair that's probably bigger than his head said.

"I'm Kagome Eiko." A smaller girl with red, puffy eyes and medium brown hair said.

"Well that's everyone so get to know each other!"

Scroll down to the bottom of the chapter if your unclear on who's who and I'll try to make it reasonably away from the ending of the chapter so you don't get spoiled.

We made small talk and I learned that most of the people here aren't completely straight. I decided not to tell them what my true sexuality is so I told them I was pansexual, just like what I told Saihara. Saihara...maybe I should keep my distance from him. I don't want to cause any problems. I know it doesn't seem right but if he wants to be with Akamatsu, then I can't hold him back if I truly call myself a friend. I hang out with the rest of the group for awhile. After a bit though Kanna makes a gesture for me to follow her. She leads me to a small clearing and walks over to a fallen log beside a larger tree.

"They all may be idiots but I want to get to know you more. So, tell me about yourself."

"Well ummmmm....my parents always argued and abused me and my dad would stay away. I always get bullied by people from school. I then met this boy. He...he never was mean to me, even when I teased him. He's so cute even when I embarrassed him. He defended me and took me to the hospital when this girl from school knocked me out. I thought I finally had a friend. Well I have Rantaro, but he's always traveling. But then he started dating the girl who bullies me and now I'm here."

"He sounds like a jerk. You deserve better friends than him. You know, my parents abused me too. I couldn't take it! I killed them! I stabbed them. But we don't have to be alone! We both deserve so much better! It can be us and only us. We don't need them. We're gods compared to them we will make everyone who hurt us pay!"

She leans closer to me and pushes me against a tree.

"Don't be shy~"

"G-Get away!"

I pushed on her shoulders and sprinted away. What the heck!? I decide to head back to my house. I want to see it at least one last time. I walk into the deserted house. Take-out boxes were littered across my mom's bed. I walked into my room and head straight to a loose floorboard on the left of my bed. I grab my stash of panta. I end up falling asleep on my bed.

I wake up and then realize where I was and what situation I'm in. Now to decide whether to go to school. It is Thursday so I should probably go these next two days. I put on a black hoodie and some matching black ripped jeans.
I really hope I don't see Saihara today. I don't think I'd be able to handle it. At the same time though, I really want to see him, tell him everything on my mind. I head off to school. I go through school like any other day. I'm more quiet and anxious. I hear them whisper things like 'He finally burned out' and 'That kid was too immature to survive in this world'. I ignore them. Later I'll meet up with the people who actually understand. My new friends. I pass by Saihara a couple times but he doesn't say anything to me.

At the end of the day Rantaro ran up to me.

"Are you okay?  You scared me half to death running away like that!  Where have you been?"

"I'm fine, see!"

I flash a smirk.

"You seriously think I believe that?"

"What!? Rantaro doesn't believe me WAAAAAAAAHHHHH!"

"I'm concerned Kokichi, I need to make sure you're doing okay.  You're my best friend!"

"I'm okay, really I'm fi-"

*COUGH*

I burst into a coughing fit. When I finally stop, I try to speak.

"Ugh, I'm gonna have to...catch you later Rantaro, my stomach kind of hurts. I'm gonna...try eating something and see if that helps."

I rush to my house before remembering how empty it is. I make a sandwich and eat a bit. Once I start eating a wave of hunger rushes over me.

"Jeez, I didn't realize how hungry I was."

I make another sandwich and then get some water and panta. The weird thing was that no matter how much I drank, I still felt dehydrated. I eventually gave up and laid down, hoping the strange feeling in my stomach would go away. Of course, the feeling never went away and on top of that, I had a bunch of coughing fits. Ugh, I can't believe I'm sick. Or at least I'm just gonna assume I'm sick because I can't think of anything else it could be. I get a text.

Shumai: Hey are you ok? You were kind of quiet today. Sorry I didn't talk to you today I was with Kaede

I suddenly start coughing again until I felt something come up my throat. I look down confused. I look down and see a white flower petal lying on my bed. Despite the cough and stomach ache, I texted Shuichi back.

Me: Yeah I'm fine

1417words

-Ren