Afterword

Well, I think this is the end of this story for now. I have an inkling of a story plot for Charlie and Theo that would take place a few years in the future and I think I'll wait a bit to write that if I ever do. I also have an idea for a Lucas-focused story that would take place while he's studying abroad in college, but we'll see if either of those come to fruition.

I'm so incredibly warmed that so many of you have chosen to read my work (and if you're reached this point, you've been in it for the long haul). Admittedly, I probably should have just made this one story, but the cliffhanger at the end of "Only to Feel This Fully" was just too good imo (sorry, lol). OTFTF and CH are, in my mind, two parts of the same narrative. Charlie and Theo get together relatively quickly at the beginning of OTFTF and then slowly drift apart for much of that story and then CH is all about them finding their ways back to each other.

My perspective on this story is that both Charlie and Theo were at fault for their initial breakup, albeit to varying degrees. However, in real life, it's rare that fault can be divided so equitably and I wasn't trying to balance it out, only wanting to show how the faults of both characters impacted their lives. Also, as in real life, the perspective of an objective reader is much different than the people who are actually in the middle of the action. The characters weren't objectively weighing whose fault was what, but were mostly guided by their emotions. I hope this little spiel explains some of my writing decisions, for any that were curious. Also, here would be a great place for any critiques (constructive please!!) that you may have for these stories, which are my first attempts at this genre of fiction.

Again, I just want to reiterate how much it means to me that so many of you have read and enjoyed these stories. Best, and maybe I'll be posting again soon.

Chapter titles:

1. Godspeed, Glory: taken from the Frank Ocean song "Godspeed"

2. Get Me Away from Here I'm Dying: Belle & Sebastian song

3. The World Leaves a Bitter Taste: lyric from the Leon Bridges song "Coming Home"

4. On I Go: Fiona Apple song

5. Stop All the Clocks: W.H. Auden poem

6. The Talented Mr. Wright: play on the movie The Talented Mr. Ripley

7. New Rules: Dua Lipa song

8. Don't Start Now: Dua Lipa song

9. Hardest to Love: The Weeknd song

10. Hotter than Hell: Dua Lipa song

11. Stupid Love: Lady Gaga song

12. It's Nice to Have a Friend: Taylor Swift song

13. Babylon: Lady Gaga song

14. Halloweekend, Part I: self-explanatory lol

15. Halloweekend, Part II: see 14

16. In the Village: James Baldwin's essay "Stranger in the Village," which mentions Chartres

17. Fake Smile: Ariana Grande song

18. Bad Idea: Ariana grande song

19. exile: Taylor Swift song

20. He is Risen: recurring line from a Thanksgiving episode of "The Sopranos"

21. Edge of Glory: Lady Gaga song

22. If You're Over Me: Years & Years song

23. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: my favorite Christmas song lol (especially the Frank Sinatra version)

24. If the Fates Allow: line from HYAMLC

25. The Triumph of the Skies: line from "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" (again the Sinatra version is classic)

26. Freakin Out on the Interstate: Briston Maroney

27. Valentio: Years & Years song

28. invisible string: Taylor Swift song

29. the 1: Taylor Swift song

30. I Always Cry at Endings: line from Belle & Sebastian song "Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying"