"Sometimes, I wonder if your head is intact at all. She asked you out and you left the house for her, who gave her the right? I'm sure you're very much older and stronger than her, what stopped you from beating Pharaoh out of her? Instead, as the good Samaritan that you are, you picked your bags and left the house for her in Mr Michael's absence. Or you left without your bags?"

Ebere kept mute. Ifunanya had asked her not to leave, now, Chika was saying the same thing. Had she made a mistake by leaving the house? What would Mr Michael do when he comes home tomorrow and doesn't find her? Will he look for her or thank God that she left?

"Ebere!" Chika called her back to earth.

"Chika."

"Where are you now?"

"Seagate hotel."

"Alright. I'll come tomorrow morning and see you so we can talk properly. Don't think much because you have me and our boss. Take care of yourself okay?"

"Thank you Chika."

************
"Look who's throwing talks. Look who's calling someone else a cheat. You don't have that right Michael. None of you here have the right to tell me what's wrong or not." Amara threw at them.

"Did you just talk to me in that tone? Did you just talk to me?" Michael asked, walking towards her with anger and hate only to be stopped by Kelvin.

"No Mike. Let me handle........."

"Handle what? She has forgotten that she's at my mercy, just a word and she'll be miserable forever."

"You lie Michael. How was I before you turned me to your mistress? I had everything I needed........"

"Because you had your sister's support b!tch. Have you forgotten?" He threw at her, regrets coming in immediately and he withdrew.
Amara stared at him, tears running down her face. He had her in a tight corner. She had blocked her path of goodwill, her saving grace, now, she was alone.

************
Claire was opening boxes of gifts in her room, surprised at the amount of love people she didn't know showered on her, curiosity didn't allow her wait till morning. There were lots of them, ranging from wristwatches, jewelries, colognes, portraits, handbags and so many of them, yet, there were still unopened wraps. She picked a box lying at the foot of the bed and unwrapped it. Her jaw dropped as she saw the content. An iPhone? Who could give her such an expensive phone plus other things in the box? She picked up the phone and realised that a note was written at the bottom;

"with love from a friend, Mr Michael N".

Below the note was his phone number and she almost flung the phone to the wall.

" How dare he?" She vexed, standing up from the bed and picking her phone.

"How dare he come to her party?" She looked at the note again and shook her head. Such a flirt. She would call him and bare her heart to him. She was about dialing the number when she quickly had a second thought, picked up the gift items and quickly left the room.

********
Kelvin stared from Michael to Amara. It was obvious that this was truly the time of reckoning. With the events of the previous weeks, no one would think that they'll be sworn enemies at such a short notice.

"Both of you need to take a chill pill, let's sit as matured people and talk things out please." Kelvin said.

"She should tell me where Ebere is."

Michael said as calmly as possible.
Kelvin looked at Amara who was sobbing uncontrollably now.

"Where's Ebere?" Kelvin asked.