Chapter Fifteen

His number has been off since the previous day. She was worried. What if something has happened to him? She was about to call again when the door opened and in came her knight in shining armour. It was 5;47am.
She rushed to his side and held him.
"What happened? I was worried sick. I've not been able to close my eyes. Why was your number switched off? You should have called or dropped a message."

He pulled her into his arms.
"I'm sorry love. Something came up."

She looked at him and walked to the bed. She undressed and without a word, went into the bathroom.
He smiled.
He was just coming from Micheal's office. The camera had caught them clearly. She was indeed, a loose woman. He also had the recordings from their first sex. He had sensored his face while hers were open for the world to see. He would first upload the videos on Facebook using a new account where he would tag her. The videos will also be on some gossip blogs. She won't know what hit her.
Her phone beeped and he reached for it. It was a text message from her network provider advertising their data bundles. He deleted it and the next message he saw was from the bank. Out of curiosity, he opened it and it was a credit alert.
Last transaction was from Micheal Chibugo Njama. A million naira. Bank account balance; #1,860,000.
He knew just what to do.
He dropped the phone just as the door opened. She was wrapped in a bathrobe. She was wearing a frown. He stood up and went to her.

"Baby come on. I'm sorry. You don't even wanna ask me what happened."

"Kelvin please. I'm not a fool. You went to another woman, leaving me here all horny and messed up. Now you show up and tell me that something came up? That's stale." She barked, going to the dressing table to wipe her face.

"Baby eh, how can you think of that? How can you even say that? Despite the fact that I love you so much and I just bought your engagement ring yesterday, yet you stand there to accuse me of infidelity."

She turned to him and she felt guilty for doubting him. He had sat down on the bed and held his face in his hands.

"Honey I'm so sorry. I'm angry. I've got the right to be angry. I....."

"You should learn to trust me. I've been running around since yesterday. My dad is sick and dying and I'm here."

"What? Daddy is sick?"

"He was involved in an accident and the doctors want money to amputate his leg because he's diabetic. My mobile app has been misbehaving and I had to stoop low to ask micheal for money and he refused."

"Why? He can transfer the money to the doctor's account and......"

"He refused. That he has a girlfriend he wants to buy a car for today. Tell me, my daddy's life and that car, which is more important?"

She opened her eyes wide in shock. Micheal wants to buy her a car. Oh God of host. She knew that after yesterday, he was willing to do anything for her.

He looked at her. He had caught her just where he wanted her to be. He had to press further.

"I don't know what I'm going to do. I have billions yet I can't withdraw. Maybe I'll just sell off your ring baby, then go home to take care of my dad."

She rolled her eyes, BILLIONS!!!!!

"No. No you won't sell my ring. I've got some money in my account. You can send it to the doctor. Daddy's health is more important. How much is needed?"

"1.7. Do you have up to that? I'll go to the bank this afternoon and double the payment for you."

She smiled. This was good business
"You don't have to do that but if you insist."