Chapter 21

Kelvin smiled
"You're sure about that bro?"

"Of course."

"I'll tell her. And yes, get ready, I've found a wife."

"For real? Who's that?"

"Gertrude. Your former employee. I'll leave you two now."

He left after noticing their reactions. They were both stunned.

************
Michael walked to the room. Did Gertrude tell him about what he did to her? Why did he choose her out of all the ladies he has run into?

********
Amara sat down heavily on a double sofa. He was getting married? TF, she liked him and he was the only man that touched her the way she liked. And he didn't see anyone else but a house help? She had to up her game, since Kelvin has picked a wife, she must make sure Micheal settled for her too.

**********
Claire was about having lunch when the door bell rang.
Chika came from the kitchen and opened the door.
She greeted whoever it was like a familiar guest and Claire silently prayed for the visitor to be her husband.

"Where's my jiji ambassador?" He walked in.

Claire ran to him like a baby and he wrapped his arms around her.

"We just spoke few hours ago and you didn't tell me you were coming."

"What kind of a brother will I be if I don't come, running to you in your moment of trials?"

They hugged each other again.
"Where's Gertrude? Don't tell me you left her all alone."

"She understands and she sends her regards."

"Oh? You're right on time. Let's have lunch."

"I always show up at the right time."

They went to the dinning and Ebere served them lunch which they ate quietly.

***********
"Baby, your mood has been sour since Kelvin left here. What's the matter?" Micheal asked.

"I'm fine."

"You're not."

"I am. I'm just surprised how and why he fights for her all the time."

"Don't let that bother you. I've called my lawyer already and by Monday, my marriage with her will be nullified."

"I know all that but......."

"Come here."

"I'm not in the mood." She stood up, went into the bathroom and bolted the door from inside.

**********
"What if your husband asks for a divorce, will you give him?"

Claire looked up at him and a single line of tear fell down from her eyes.

"Did you speak with him? Did he tell you that he wants a divorce?"

"Claire ....."

"Does he want a divorce?"

"I'm sorry but he........"

"Where did you find him?"

"He stays with Amara."

"My sister huh? Alright. I'll give him the divorce. He should come home let's see how we'll deal with everything that has my name on it."

Kelvin was shocked. This wasn't the response he expected.
"Claire, are you okay?"

She wiped the tears from her face.
"Yes Kel. I've taken too much nonsense from Micheal. I keep hoping that we'll resolve everything and he keeps on throwing my love to the dogs. I won't cry anymore. He should come home and face me."