.15.

—————

—————

"do you think we can save him, nii-san?" kijiko asks her brother, who walks with her home today. usually, he skips and just stays home, so it's nagisa who usually walks her home. not that he minds or anything, but karma and kijiko haven't been spending as much time together, so this was important to the two of them.

"i think so. even though it didn't go my way, i'm kinda glad he's going to stay alive. he seems to make you really happy." karma looks down at his twin sister with a soft smile. he saw how happy they were talking today when he and nagisa were battling. he also knows that the octopus was just distracting her so she wouldn't have to see he two friends go at each other's throats.

he'll forever be grateful for that.

"yeah! he's the best teacher ever.." kijiko starts to ramble on and karma just listens. he missed these days, when it was just the two of them. ever since he spied on her and nagisa on their date, he's been a little more lax as to where she could go. he trusted the blunette, so he didn't mind them dating.

to a certain point. he's still her brother.

coming up at their gate, kijiko puts the code in. walking in their house, he notices the girl slightly frowning at the empty house.

"hey, wanna cook dinner together tonight?"

———

kijiko is a whole mess, literally. she had flour on her shirt and pants, tomato paste on her face, and blood on her hands. in other words..

kijiko can't cook and she cut herself.

"why did i think this was a good idea again?" karma asks her, wrapping her hand in a bandage. kijiko shrugs, but hisses as her hand jerks, karma accidentally grazed her cut.

"you've got to be more careful, i won't always be around to wrap your wounds for you." kijiko's head jerks up quickly, and she pulls her hand from him harshly.

"what do you mean?! we're twins, we do almost everything together! why.. why wouldn't you be here for me?" karma sighs lightly and hugs his sister, resting his chin on her head.

"i'm always going to be here, dummy. but soon enough, you're going to get a husband and have kids. you'll have other people to help you, and that's okay." kijiko nodded, seeming to understand. she was just scared, as she's never been with anyone truly without karma.

he's always been there for her. it's always been the duo, until first year. nagisa entered and it was like kijiko's whole world lit up in sparkles. it was sad when karma had her stop being friends with him, but even if she didn't know the reason, she listened. if anything, it brought the three closer.

"i love you, nii-san."

—————