Chapter 21: Make up

recap:

"I HAD SEX WITH MURDOC NICCALS!" I screamed. Placing the bass back on it's stand, I turned around to see a wide eyed Russell.

He placed the plates on the counter "No need to brag mate." He laughed and walked back into the kitchen.

Fuck my life

2d's pov:

"What d-do you mean brag?" I asked Russel as he sat down and took a bite of his sandwich.

"I mean, as much as I hate him, Murdoc is a pretty good looking dude, he's 'irresistible' or whatever" he said irresistible in quotations and proceeded to explain.

"What I'm trying to say is, if you swing that way... good for you, man! To each their own!" he smiled from ear to ear and spoke once more.

"But like I said, no need to brag... some of us aren't getting any action!" he pouted then laughed before laughed handing me my plate. "Come on! It's getting moldy by the second." His voice was muffled due to it being filled to the brim with sandwich crumbs.

I took the plate and took a big bite of my sandwich.

"Wow I erm.. don't know what to say..." I really didn't. I was very surprised that he didn't care about my sexuality. Not that I was gay or anything...

"I'm not gay though... it was a one time thing. I-I swear I'm not gay..." I said quietly as I placed my sandwich on the plate and wiped my face.

"No need to explain yourself, D. Like I said, to each their own." he smiled once more.

"But uh between you and me... having sex with a guy is pretty gay in my book" he laughed at the sight of my red face. He was right. That is pretty gay.

"Murdoc doesn't like me like that." I said while staring at my feet

"Murdoc is a piece of shit... but even he wouldn't mess with your head like that. If he fucked you... I think it's safe to say he had a good reason. Just talk to him, yeah?" Russell laid down on the couch and let out a big sigh. He's so nice, I wonder why he's friends with murdoc...

"Yeah right. If I wanna get beaten up any time soon, I'll go talk to murdoc." I scoffed and placed my empty plate on the table.

"Just give it a shot-" his words were cut off by the front door creaking open.

"Russell, have they made up yet-" Noodle walked through the front door and paused to looked around. "Where's Murdoc?" she looked throughly confused.

"Girl, you were supposed to bring him!" he said while sitting up.

Noodle made her way towards us and placed her leftovers on the small coffee table in front of me. She kept her gaze on russell and started talking again.

"UGH! Stupid pickle! I gave him my keys so he could quote unquote drive around! I was sure he would come here!" she pouted and let herself fall on the couch.

What the hell were they planning?

"Sorry D, the whole plan was for us to lock you guys in here so you could make up but NOODLE" he paused to glare at her "Obviously didn't hold up her end of the plan!"

"Sorry Russ! But 2d, you really need to make up with him or he'll be a cranky mess and show up to the diner DRUNK like always" She crossed her arms and said one more thing "Pleaseeee" she was adorable, how could anyone say no...

"Alright alright. I don't even know where he is..." I sighed with discontent. Stop sulking, 2d I thought to myself as I heard the front door fling open.

"That son of a bitch is gonna be the death of me" Murdoc mumbled as he walked in with his face in his hands. He stopped in his tracks to look up at me, Russ, and Noodle.

Noodle ran up to the old man and gave him a tight hug. "Mudz!!" Her grip was tightened around his neck and he held her waist.

"Woah, luv I missed you too" He said chuckling.

Wow... he's 100x hotter when he's nice. Wait no. What the hell, brain. Please shut up.

I put my red hot face in my hand. This is not going to be fun...

Murdoc's pov:

I let Noodle go and sat on the couch next to 2d. I had realized what I had said to him earlier. Bloody hell, pickle. Why on earth would you say such a thing. My thoughts were interrupted by Russ

"Want anything to drink, Murdick?" he got up and made his way to the kitchen, Noodle following behind him like a duckling. The sight itself made me chuckle and a smile grew on my face. I could feel the singer staring at me.

"I told you to stop calling me that! But a beer is fine..." I looked at 2d.

"What do you think you're doing, dentz" I adjusted myself so my whole body was facing him. His face was still red hot. This bloke wants nothing to do with me...

"Erm n-nothing m-mudz" he said while stuttering. I melt anytime he talks. He's so freaking adorable. "Where did you go?" he asked while looking up at me, biting his lip subtly. Did he really care?

"Oh I met up with an old bird. No one special. Although she definitely had some tricks up her sleeve" I nudged 2d and looked over at him. His eyes seemed blank, and they were glazed over with a layer of... tears?

"Well I hope you had f-fun, Murdoc" he fidgeted with his sleeves and walked over to the keyboard.

I knew I was wrong for telling him about my... encounter with Paula but I had to. If not, he would think I actually loved him and I need to throw him off the trail... I'm sorry blue bird.

He started playing a melody and I was mesmerized.

"Can't believe it's been 5 years since we made that old band... good to see you still have it in you, Dentz" I looked at my shoes, I couldn't stand to see the dullard.

"Y-yeah... Russell asked me to play for his new band." he grabbed the microphone and started fidgeting with the settings on it.

"Ah yes. 'Gorillaz'" I walked up to him and took the microphone from his hands. I turned it on and passed it back to him. He blushed and proceeded to fidget with the bottom of it.

"S-sorry I haven't used this in a long time, Mudz."

"Don't worry blue bird, let's sing together, yeah?" I proceeded to belt out the lyrics to our first hit 'clint eastwood'. Not too long after, the kid joined in. We were laughing and pushing each other. fighting for the microphone.

"I got sunshine in a bag!" he screamed into the microphone. Eventually he started actually singing and I stopped abruptly.

His face was filled with passion and I couldn't help myself. I grabbed him by the collar and he widened his eyes at my action.

Before I knew it... we were pressed up against each other and I pressed my lips against his...

Again? Really murdoc...