Chapter 17: He knew...

Murdoc's pov:

"My two favorite boys!" She belted out as she walked up to our table.

"You barely know me" said 2d while turning his head to look at the window. Why was he so damn mean today? What's gotten into him? "Ey, dents! play nice" I said while reaching over the table to smack his hand lightly. He looked at me and looked at noodle "s-sorry noodle... I-I'm just not in a g-good mood" said the singer while blushing slightly. "It's all good, blue bird! I have those days too." she winked and looked at me "2 peppermint teas?" she asked and smiled from ear to ear when I nodded. She walked away and brought our teas to the table as quickly as she left. "Alright, let me know if you need anything else" She giggled and walked behind the counter

"Look, dents-"

"Don't call me that! I'm not your little blue bird, or dents, or 2d! my name is Stuart!" he screamed and put his fists on the table which caused it to shake and spill some of my drink. "Oi 2- stuart... why are you acting this way?" I cocked my head to the side as he slid down his seat with a red face. Everyone was looking at us by this point. "You should be asking me why I DON'T act this way all the time. You treat me like shit murdoc. Do you even realize that?" his eyes were glossy and he whisper-screamed the entire sentence. Satan... he was right. I didn't deserve him... he was too good for me. All I did was hurt him and I expected him to be all mine? What kind of fantasy was I living in?

"You're right stuart. I hurt you. All the time. I know I apologized the night when we.. you know... but I really am. I've changed and I want to make it up to you." I fidgeted with my tea cup before looking back up at stu. He was looking down at his utensils before his eyes met mine. "So what were you doing with that girl? You want to change, but you go and fuck some other lady?" He sounded more enraged than before. He thought I fucked her?

2d's pov:

"You think I fucked her? Satan, no. I wouldn't do that to you, Stuart." the words flowed out of murdoc's mouth gently and he placed his on on mine. I pulled away slightly before giving in and letting him hold it.

"Well... yeah. you were on top of her murdoc... she looks like any other bird you would bring home" I didn't look up at him once and kept my eyes focused on his necklace. If I looked at him I would probably cry and my being incorrect was already embarrassing enough as is.

"Stuart after we... did what we did, I had no intention of finding another bird. It's a misunderstanding. Trust me" he said this while tilting his head in such a way that made me laugh. I smiled and looked up at his mismatched eyes. They looked beautiful and the smile growing on his face made me melt. He wanted to change... for me?

"I'm sorry murdoc. I jumped to conclusions... but why?"

"Why what, blue bird?" he furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at his tea before pulling his hand away from mine. I struck a nerve. He seemed obviously uncomfortable, like he was avoiding the subject and knew exactly what I meant.

"Why don't you wanna find another bird?" I said while moving my eyes frantically up and down his body, trying to read the signs it was giving me. "Why were you angry when you thought I found one?" he said while leaning in, placing his forearms on the table and smirking. He made another signature grunt noise and smiled when I started looking away and fidgeting. He knew...